GDT: 4/18: ADSF Game 1: Hunting Edition: Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings - Part II

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
The outrage from the keyboard warriors on the mainboard is great :laugh:
Hopefully Looch pots the GWG in game 2, moar rage !!!1

Truly amazing stuff on the mainboard. It has really deteriorated to nothing more than a Nucks, Habs, and Pens circle**** on how dirty the Bruins are. "Typical Bruins hockey" "Most hypocritical organization" "Lucic has always been a dirt bag" "Of course they wouldn't suspend a Bruin" but my favorite are posters who compare Lucic to John Scott, Raffi Torres, and Matt Cooke. Oh and don't forget all Bruins fans are supposedly supporting Lucic's actions according to the mainboard. I swear those fan bases just sit on the mainboard just waiting for a Bruins thread and then attack like vultures on a dead carcass. A truly peculiar lot over there.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Just hate that it's almost like it is his go to move when he gets frustrated - all of a sudden. ****ing drop the gloves and go at him, or knock him down with a big hit the next time.

Sorry, dick move on Lucic's part. I'm all for the nasty stuff and definitely not PC. I idolized Neely, when he played. Difference - Neely on the Ice - "Keep your head up" Lucic "Watch your Balls."

He needs to man up.

I agree it was a dick move. That said, big deal. The outrage over it is a bit much.

Bruins, for whatever reason, routinely are on the losing end of PP opportunities. If guys won't stand up for their play and drop the gloves, and the refs won't call it the same way, sometimes a guy is going to get a shot in the nads.

Perry speared a guy in the balls last night. Someone speared Crosby in the balls in game one. Didn't see the outrage or the league stepping in on either of those situations.

I think Dekeyser will live. Again, I could care less if others around the league (fans, players, NHL execs) like the Bruins or not.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bartkowski and Miller are two of the better skating defenseman. Also more physical than Potter and Meszaros. That's a change I hope Claude doesn't hesitate to go to assuming they're both recovered from flu symptoms. I have a funny feeling we will see Miller in for Potter and he'll elect to keep the vet in Meszaros. Would be a mistake IMO. Need as much quickness and mobility as possible.

I thought the bench could have been shortened a little bit. Getting the top-6 going should be priority #1. Not the same kind of depth without Paille and Kelly. All I hear is how well Florek, Thornton, and Caron played, but I think that has more to do with expectation rather than actual playing level.

With Kelly out I think in the third Julien should have rolled the top two lines more and had Soup on Yeti's wing-Soup has a more Kelly like game and I think that line maybe could have gotten a goal.

Problem was the 4th line was playing pretty well even with Caron (Caron probably had his best game of the season).

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
Truly amazing stuff on the mainboard. It has really deteriorated to nothing more than a Nucks, Habs, and Pens circle**** on how dirty the Bruins are. "Typical Bruins hockey" "Most hypocritical organization" "Lucic has always been a dirt bag" "Of course they wouldn't suspend a Bruin" but my favorite are posters who compare Lucic to John Scott, Raffi Torres, and Matt Cooke. Oh and don't forget all Bruins fans are supposedly supporting Lucic's actions according to the mainboard. I swear those fan bases just sit on the mainboard just waiting for a Bruins thread and then attack like vultures on a dead carcass. A truly peculiar lot over there.

It's truly pathetic. They finally closed the Lucic thread on the mainboard. It was just a collection of Bruins hatred and people bashing the Bruins organization/fans. I don't like the Habs or Canucks, but I certainly don't flock to every thread to bash their organizations left and right.

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks

Nucks, Habs, Pens. What do those three have in common?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad