GDT: 4/18: ADSF Game 1: Hunting Edition: Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings - Part II

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I like how bart and miller are being hailed as saviors. They shouldn't be the difference in this series.

Your top paid players are meant to. TR40 7m should be able to win a goaltending duel vs Howard. Top 2 lines have to score. Miller and bartkowski aren't a galactic leap better than Potter and Mezaros like they are being made to be.

Yeah, I'm not sure bottom pairing D are going to influence a 1-0 game, especially where the lone goal was result of good individual effort and goalie error, not poor defending.

We need to generate scoring chances... Period.
I can only remember seeing one or two real chances last night from Boston which is pathetic.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I agree that having Miller and Bart out didn't have a big impact on the game, but having Paille and Kelly out did make a difference. Our Merlot line when intact can get a goal every now and then and our third line was the best third line in the NHL not too long ago when everyone on it was healthy. Also, with our full cast of players there is no way Detroit maintains offensive possession as much as they did last night. Bottom line, though, is our top six have to do better. It will be helpful in any case to have our bottom six healthy as well since they can contribute goals when the top six are not playing well.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
But... the fans of other teams who are angry...:cry:

Screw them.

Even if they won't admit it they would LOVE Looch on their team.

I agree Looch should not have speared him in the nuts. Most of us agree this was a bad move...but you don't sit him for that.

GO B's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
The outrage from the keyboard warriors on the mainboard is great :laugh:
Hopefully Looch pots the GWG in game 2, moar rage !!!1

Chieftans22*

guys come on, accept it already, we only won the cup in 2011, 2nd seed in 2012, went to the finals last year, and were the President trophy winners this year because colin campbell!

isn't it obvious, guys?

:shakehead

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
guys come on, accept it already, we only won the cup in 2011, 2nd seed in 2012, went to the finals last year, and were the President trophy winners this year because colin campbell!

isn't it obvious, guys?

:shakehead
well then, Colin Campbell for Leafs GM. Make it happen Leiweke !

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There was a time during a break in the play that GadenRinkRat and myself noticed that Looch was on the ice staring at the Wing's bench looking very pissed off.

We thought it was because of all of crap DK was getting.

Not sure what that was all about.

Anyway GO B's.

member 96824

Should probably let someone else handle the team next year after Chia drafted Hamill. He'll come back in 2015 with vengeance.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
So when stuff like this happens, we can only discuss it for 12 hours or something? It happened last night, surely we'll all move on from this by the time game 2 concludes, but that doesn't mean its unworthy of discussion until that point.

If the roles were reversed, and Dekeyser speared Lucic in the plums, would you be telling Bruins fans to move on so soon? I'm just trying to see it both ways.

I honestly would be telling Bruins fans that, yes.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
Is there a concensus on how much jail time Lucic should get or is the main board still trying to decide?

They're waiting for word from Tony Marinaro on whether they should seek the death penalty, or just a major penalty, to be served retroactively, during the last 5 minutes of each period Lucic plays in, from here on out

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Also, the fact that you used plums as your reference fruit is probably pretty accurate.

I, on the other hand, would be speared in the jumbo olives.

:laugh:

Ever since seeing this, it has become part of my daily lexicon..

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think it is fair to say we would be pissed off if the shoe were on the other foot.

It's just that the main board will make way more out of this than they should.

B's need to win tomorrow.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Another reason to hate what Lucic did; It doesn't really hurt the other player for more than a short spell. Get your money's worth. Destroy someone. Separate a shoulder with a clean hit. Force the guy to play in agony for the rest of the series--not for the next few minutes.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Had a laugh when this showed up in my Facebook feed. Let's reactivate him!

picture.php

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad