GDT: 4/18/23 - 7:30PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I mean sure on ice but in the locker room and off ice, Stamkos > Tavares

I'd take passenger Stamkos over passenger Tavares

Well yeah, there's a whole bunch of players I take in front of either guys going into crunch time.

A 35 year old Kopitar but both to shame with his performance the other night against McDavid, here Iam just asking for our captain to shoot on the PP while being gifted passes, hitting the net is just a bonus.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Winnipegger1

Jun 12, 2022
Winnipeg
I really feel sorry for Toronto. They're in the toughest division every year it seems. I'm sure their day will come. They have a good team. They could easily go all the way but it doesn't look like it's going to be this year.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I really feel sorry for Toronto. They're in the toughest division every year it seems. I'm sure their day will come. They have a good team. They could easily go all the way but it doesn't look like it's going to be this year.
Tampa was the 6th team in the Eastern conference standings this season. It's not as if it's #2 going up against #3, which is also possible under this current format.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Great effort, solid win! Hope Heddy, Drago and Ace are okay and will be fully healthy for Thursday.

Good situation to be in now for Tampa, already taking away Toronto's home ice advantage.
Game 2 could be the chance to stomp on Toronto's neck. Toronto know they can't lose, there will be even more pressure on them. We win game 2 and their mental will collapse (and we already know that isn't their strenght - just look at Tavareses post game interview).
Love the fact that Keefe has a tough decision to make for Game 2 on who's gonna start in net for them. The more doubts they have, the easier it'll be for their mental to crumble like a house of sand.

Loved Perbix effort and overall performance.
Point and Kuch are, as always, playoff monsters. Kucherov is 4 points away from recording 100 points total in the last 4 playoff runs. Absolute gamers.
I've been critical of Cirelli this regular season, but if he plays the playoffs the way he played tonight, he's worth every penny. f*** regular season, this is where it matters.
If we get playoff Perry this post season, the league better watch out.

Onto Game 2.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
1681891925722.png

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Our's was equally as bad, difference is he has a Kucherov, Point, Perry, Cirelli (yes) and others who step up when he's invisible.
Stammer didn’t do much last night, but it’s just one game. Odd that’s what you are focused on after that one. Especially after him having an excellent playoff last season. Would you say game 6 against Colorado was high pressure last year? When Stammer scored our only goal?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stammer didn’t do much last night, but it’s just one game. Odd that’s what you are focused on after that one. Especially after him having an excellent playoff last season. Would you say game 6 against Colorado was high pressure last year? When Stammer scored our only goal?

Oh if that's where you want to go you definitely do not want to look up Stamkos' performance in games 5/6/7's.

It's not an opinion, he is objectively one of the worst performers in elimation games and one of the worst performing star players in the playoffs. Last years performance was "excellent" by his standards, compared to other stars it's subpar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad