GDT: 4/18/23 - 7:30PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Everything with Toronto is mental. When you're on a seven-year 1-and-done streak where you've lost nine straight times when you've had a chance to clinch a series and been eliminated on your home ice three years in a row (including the 2020 bubble since those games were in Toronto), it's pretty unavoidable. We're all too smart to get too far ahead of ourselves after one game, but one thing we've seen this team to many times, including three times in the last two playoffs, is open up on the road, win the first game, and then go win the second game as well. Losing one home game isn't a deal breaker for Toronto; in evenly-matched series I generally believe the road team needs to get two road wins if they expect to win the series because I expect the home team is going to win a road game themselves at some point too. But the Leafs cannot drop Game 2 and expect to win this series, and so we need to be able to leverage that pressure against them and tun the tables.

I said beforehand that I didn't mind the Leafs having home ice here. Frankly, playing more games in Toronto than on the road is the last thing the Leafs need. You need a steak knife to cut through all the tension in that building during playoff games.
I said in the thread, looking at the fans' faces was like looking into the heart of PTSD. lol

I expect the Leafs at their absolute best in Game 2. You never know which Bolt team is going to show up, especially when we feel like losing isn't the end of the world. I would like to see a hard fought game, at least. Expecting a long, tough series. Tonight felt like an unexpected freebie.

switch mention

I feel like talk of "the switch" started on this board.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
switch mention

iu

Reactions: DaBolts

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
LOL I hope Tavares believes that, because it's a loser's mentality.
I was gonna say the same thing. There’s a reason Tavares/the Leafs haven’t done much this time of year. Its only 4-2 until Bunting throws the game away for them.

Reactions: DFC

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Missed tonight's game (stuck at the office here on the west coast) but love that we opened up the playoffs with our season high in goals. Hope we come out in game 2 and knock the Leafs while they're down. Just hope Heddy is ok.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Our start was just texbook road game stuff, great to see. The game got a little weird and the structure didn't quite hold up, but that's to be expected in a 7-3 game where you lose 3 players to injury.

For the most part, neutralized their core players.

Raddysh and Perbix had really nice games considering the situation.

Killorn-Cirelli-Hagel is dynamite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad