GDT: 4/16/15 - 7:30PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
TKO was quiet last night . Top line got better and better,as the game went on and the 4th line also had some nice pressure. So hopefully TKO goes into beast mode tomorrow. We need them to, can't only have one scoring line.

Crazy to remember they almost scored on their first shift, the net was wide open for Kucherov, he usually cashes in but won't miss twice.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm not sure what you're expecting Vasy to do. The kid hasn't played in 17 days, and the last few games he was in he struggled. He said it himself that he'd lost confidence and admitted to having issues not playing a lot. So bringing Vasy, a 20 year old rookie, into a pressure situation in the playoffs would not be a great idea.

You never know, he could step up big, or crumble. But If Big Ben can't handle playoff hockey we have to at least try. Big Ben has a big whopping 1 playoff game to his list, and didn't look sharp. I don't usually bash on Bishop he's proved he's our #1 with two +37 win seasons, but playoffs are a different kind of hockey, some people can show up others don't. I'd rather try anything then get swept again.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You never know, he could step up big, or crumble. But If Big Ben can't handle playoff hockey we have to at least try. Big Ben has a big whopping 1 playoff game to his list, and didn't look sharp. I don't usually bash on Bishop he's proved he's our #1 with two +37 win seasons, but playoffs are a different kind of hockey, some people can show up others don't. I'd rather try anything then get swept again.

Dude relax, "Ben has 1 playoff game to his list", do you know how many Vasy has in the NHL?

Vasi's last 4 games weren't exactly other worldy.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Dude relax, "Ben has 1 playoff game to his list", do you know how many Vasy has in the NHL?

Vasi's last 4 games weren't exactly other worldy.

Like I said, if worst comes to worst why not put him in. Until we actually win a playoff game I'm gonna be paranoid :laugh:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Remember when the big bad Stanley Cup Bruins were scared of touching our guys cause they'd take a penalty? Good times. :laugh:

Then they realised they could do anything they wanted in game 7 because the refs were too ***** to "decide" the series.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Then they realised they could do anything they wanted in game 7 because the refs were too ***** to "decide" the series.

I ***** and moan about reffing as much as anyone, but that game was called well. There just simply wasnt an egregious play that had to be called a penalty, for either team. Was one of the greatest games I've ever seen.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Stick with Bishop for next game. If we lose because he had another bad game I say go with Vasi in game 3.

If we had a barely mediocre Power Play instead of absolutely abysmal, we win game 1 with that many chances. As much as I'd like to think that Stamkos on the dot would be a good idea the truth is I have no clue how to fix it. The real bad news is apparently that puts me on par with the coaching staff.

Other than those two things (Bishop & Power Play) I am not sure what else they could have done better.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I ***** and moan about reffing as much as anyone, but that game was called well. There just simply wasnt an egregious play that had to be called a penalty, for either team. Was one of the greatest games I've ever seen.

This. Never once whinged about the reffing in that game. It was beautiful hockey.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Guess you all forgot the blatant boarding of Malone along with other bits of interference. Eh whatever.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I think we need to scratch Namestnikov and put Drouin in, and let Bishop play once more. If he craps the bed this time, you gotta run with Vasy.

Stick with Bishop for next game. If we lose because he had another bad game I say go with Vasi in game 3.

If we had a barely mediocre Power Play instead of absolutely abysmal, we win game 1 with that many chances. As much as I'd like to think that Stamkos on the dot would be a good idea the truth is I have no clue how to fix it. The real bad news is apparently that puts me on par with the coaching staff.

Other than those two things (Bishop & Power Play) I am not sure what else they could have done better.
Mrazek was great. He made the saves look easy. I don't think he does it again. Just need to get the TKO line and Stammer going, then we'll bruise his self esteem. He has just as much playoff experience as our youngsters. Gotta shake him up.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Call me crazy but I'd play Vasy only we're down 3-0 in the series, depending on how Bish plays for sure. There's the loss and why did you lose, it's not always due to the goalie. 2-0 would be tough but still not desperate. My point is at 3-0, the kid would play without almost any pressure. If Cooper starts Gudlevskis in game 4 last year, it's a different series IMO.

All this is pointless talk though, we gonna win anyway tomorrow.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Call me crazy but I'd play Vasy only we're down 3-0 in the series, depending on how Bish plays for sure. There's the loss and why did you lose, it's not always due to the goalie. 2-0 would be tough but still not desperate. My point is at 3-0, the kid would play without almost any pressure. If Cooper starts Gudlevskis in game 4 last year, it's a different series IMO.

Really depends how and if we lose game two. Let's say bishop let's in 2 goals in 4mins Saturday. Do you pull him and start vasy ? If we would win 3-2 with vasy then who do you start game 3 ?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Really depends how and if we lose game two. Let's say bishop let's in 2 goals in 4mins Saturday. Do you pull him and start vasy ? If we would win 3-2 with vasy then who do you start game 3 ?

2 goals in the first 4 minutes tomorrow ? Yes in this situation I'd pull him and give Vasy his chance to change the momentum.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Game 7 2011 ECF was the best game I've ever watched. I don't mind the officiating in that game. What I do mind is the no discipline for Horton pegging a fan with a water bottle after game 6...That's the real bending over that the Lightning got in that series.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

If both Vasy and Bishop give up 17 apiece, do we then try to trade for John Gibson or do we fire F.J. and bring Roloson out of retirement?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

No pressure? If anything, the pressure is the greatest. Win, or you're done.

I can't believe how bad people are throwing Bish under the bus here. It was one game, in which, he gave up 1 softie. Could he have been sharper? Yes. If he does the same thing next game, maybe then is when the confidence shakes a little. But Christ people, it was one game.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
So is drouin still in coopers dog house ? Or can he come out to play ?

He wasn't in the dog house. He was under the weather and Cooper would rather have a healthy Drouin for games 2+ vs. a half-assed Drouin in game 1.

He was in the press box on and off during G1 (confirmed by a friend who works for the media).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig