GDT: 4/14/19 - 7:00PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2WC Columbus [ECQF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
On other thing, does it bother anyone else that Marty St Louis is coaching the team that’s beating the snot out of the team he made his career with? The guy’s number is retired in our rafters & is forever a lightning legend. Now he and Torts team up to hand us one of the worst upsets in the modern era. I’m sorry but it bothers the heck outta me. Forget the trade request & all that, this annoys me more considering the circumstances

You do know he was just a power play advisor right? This guy isn't sitting on the bench or even in the locker room during these games. :laugh:

This reasoning just sounds stupid, do you think red wings players took it personally as Yzerman elimated them twice with tampa.

Reactions: Hoek

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Honestly, it has no bearing on the outcome. But it does represent the fanbase poorly. When you have other fans coming in happy we are getting swept because "our fans were obnoxious" that's porobably not that great.

While you claim..."not serious" a lot of folks thought you were. Sorry. It was bad juju from the get go and you all look foolish now.
You know what represents the fanbase poorly? Fans who relish in their team losing.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, one oiler fan. Sorry I do care how our fans are viewed in general. The hubris was off the charts. Unwarranted arrogance. Now we are truly CHOKING on it.

It's the internet. Get over it. We had every reason to be arrogant and believe in this team. Not everyone is just miserable and waiting for reasons to celebrate failures.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
You know what represents the fanbase poorly? Fans who relish in their team losing.

Who is relishing? Friday I sat on my back porch, stared into the dark abyss and drank myself asleep. You're just bitter I was right all along and you don't have the sack to admit I was right. Instead, you are throwing half hearted shade at me.

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't like hockey anymore, guys.

Still gonna stick around so I can complain about stuff and claim I was right about things, but I really hate this sport and the team.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Where is the team that won 62 regular games and was supposed to win the cup, this year?

Really wouldn’t laugh if I was you. Thanks to the Price and Weber contracts you guys will be stuck as a bubble team for the next decade. Can’t be too fun knowing you have zero chance of winning the cup for a while.

We might be a bunch of chokers but at least we will have a chance every year to win it all.

Reactions: Fabiobest

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
LMAO. The Blue Jackets have never even won 3 games in a single postseason before. And here we are.

This is completely disastrous. I of course hope for a miracle comeback, but part of me really wants them to get swept, to see if it forces some kind of change.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Really wouldn’t laugh if I was you. Thanks to the Price and Weber contracts you guys will be stuck as a bubble team for the next decade. Can’t be too fun knowing you have zero chance of winning the cup for a while.

We might be a bunch of chokers but at least we will have a chance every year to win it all.

If you're chokers, than the last part makes no sense at all.

But I am not here to rub salt in the wounds. I loved watching Tampa this season. Not seeing them in the next round means less excitement imo.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Wings fan here. I remember this feeling all too well in 1995-96. Slaughtered the regular season only to "choke" against the avs in the WCF. When the blues took us to game 7 OT in the second round I knew we had a hard road ahead. Good luck from a wings fan but I seriously doubt you guys will come back. Beating a team 4 straight is tough

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Wings fan here. I remember this feeling all too well in 1995-96. Slaughtered the regular season only to "choke" against the avs in the WCF. When the blues took us to game 7 OT in the second round I knew we had a hard road ahead. Good luck from a wings fan but I seriously doubt you guys will come back. Beating a team 4 straight is tough
Hey, thanks.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo

I didn’t get the vibe they were laughing, just asking an honest question. Where is THAT team?

That person knows damn well the Canadians won’t be winning anything in the Atlantic

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Man, I still love this team. I hate what they have done the past week, but I still love this team.

Exactly, and no matter how many times they crap the bed I’ll still come back. It’s frustrating to watch this play out & I think extra hard bc of the scenario. Plus quite a few people could see there were some holes within the club & similar issues have risen as prior years.

Sometimes it just feels good to vent & complain.

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
You do know he was just a power play advisor right? This guy isn't sitting on the bench or even in the locker room during these games. :laugh:

This reasoning just sounds stupid, do you think red wings players took it personally as Yzerman elimated them twice with tampa.

Yeah he’s basically a consultant I know pal. You may not agree with my reasoning but it’s not stupid. I get the Yzerman correlation too, but he was further removed from his playing days & that wings series win didn’t happen overnight. Marty’s role as a consultant just came about a couple months ago & we just happen to match up against them. Plus the way Marty left still irks some people.... despite everything he did good for the franchise.

And here’s a fun fact. The night we retired the number 26 was against.... the Columbus Blue Jackets (said in a smug Pierre McGuire voice)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Exactly, and no matter how many times they crap the bed I’ll still come back. It’s frustrating to watch this play out & I think extra hard bc of the scenario. Plus quite a few people could see there were some holes within the club & similar issues have risen as prior years.

Sometimes it just feels good to vent & complain.
I would have a hard time getting excited for next year if nothing changes. Why would the result not be the same? I'll still be watching but man, this is the most depressed I've been about this team during my fandom. Just at a complete loss of what the hell is going on.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Wow. Cooper is taking a lot of blame out there on Sirius and WDAE. He is getting outcoached. That's the word outside of Tampa. Not good. He did not learn from last year's Caps series.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I would have a hard time getting excited for next year if nothing changes. Why would the result not be the same? I'll still be watching but man, this is the most depressed I've been about this team during my fandom. Just at a complete loss of what the hell is going on.
Yeah. I honestly can't see myself being all that engaged in the season next year if there's no major changes. They can win 62 in a season and just lay down in the playoffs. Doesn't get me hyped up.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
On other thing, does it bother anyone else that Marty St Louis is coaching the team that’s beating the snot out of the team he made his career with? The guy’s number is retired in our rafters & is forever a lightning legend. Now he and Torts team up to hand us one of the worst upsets in the modern era. I’m sorry but it bothers the heck outta me. Forget the trade request & all that, this annoys me more considering the circumstances
And Yzerman left the Red Wings to help us kick their asses. That's professional sports. They aren't tied to one team for life.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah he’s basically a consultant I know pal. You may not agree with my reasoning but it’s not stupid. I get the Yzerman correlation too, but he was further removed from his playing days & that wings series win didn’t happen overnight. Marty’s role as a consultant just came about a couple months ago & we just happen to match up against them. Plus the way Marty left still irks some people.... despite everything he did good for the franchise.

And here’s a fun fact. The night we retired the number 26 was against.... the Columbus Blue Jackets (said in a smug Pierre McGuire voice)

Do you also think it's a slap in the face when a player gets traded and has to beat his old team due to his new obligations? :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad