GDT: 4/12/22 - 9:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Between that and Ferarro having to educate Levy, this has been a mess of a product. It's bad when you contemplate watching the game on NBC again
The amount of money NBC pairs the league you would think they would have knowledgeable P by P coverage.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
This team was 34-11-6 after the Nashville win, 74 out of 102 points. While March and April have been rougher grinds, the team is 10-10-2 since, and now 0-9 in regulation games against playoff teams since then. Thought for sure this would be a 50 win team that would at least be playing decent hockey going in. They look like a team with little heart or fight in them and a quick 1st round exit.

Reactions: Powerplay17 and U55

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
My gosh what a terrible game to attend in person. Just dog shit, no intensity hockey. By both teams... minus maybe 3 hits, the early scrap and the last 8 minutes of the game, what a snoozefest.

Best forward was Paul. Guy was everywhere and on everything. Dude is a force out there. Big guns were MIA, Killorn and Palat were awful. Our left side defense is a treat to watch live. Very impressed with Sergachev tonight. Thought him, McD and Hedman played well.

Reactions: Hoek

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
What a god awful game. We didn't get anything going at any point. At some point we have to start to get things going. Can't sleepwalk to the playoffs like this and expect to win anything.

Plus we got shut out by an AHL goalie. Can't say he really had to work for that though.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The first playoff game is going to tell us everything we need to know. It's very likely the team is exhausted, this is maybe the hardest run in NHL history when you consider the shortened offseasons after both Cup runs. More games played than any other team over the past few years combined with shortened offseasons is a bad combination, especially when so many of those games were high pressure....those are both physically and mentally exhausting.

If we're going to 3-peat it's going to take a legendary effort.

Reactions: T REX

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Well the good news is if that's the case it's only cause for optimism down the road. We've had 5 very deep playoff runs in 7 years. If it's fatigue catching up then it's fixable
I've said before a long offseason could do wonders for this team. I want the 3peat more than anything but it'll be tough and the odds are very stacked against us

- long offseason after playing alot of hockey over the last couple of years
- boys don't look motivated at all cause regular season means nothing after b2b titles. Next year they can get back to playing meaningful hockey again
- losing their chance at the 3peat could light the spark to coming back even hungrier next season with motivation to get back to the top after missing it. Kuch is too accustomed to Bud Light and will want that drunken press conference itch again!

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
We've still got 9 games to figure it out. Honestly I think WC1 may be the optimal route for us anyways, so long as we can find our form at some point.

I think Carolina is a great team, but my impression of them from last year is that they may be a bit too "nice" of a team. Whenever we went goon mode they sort of seemed to... falter a bit. I respect them for ignoring the antics and focusing on hockey, but it didn't really work out for them. It just sort of felt like we had our way with them physically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad