GDT: 4/12/19 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC Columbus VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
I want old, beginning-mid season Point back. That kid buzzed and drove and created. I havent seen him nearly as effective in the past not just couple days, but months.

I've been surprised at Point's regression. I thought he was the real deal.

Probably he's guilty of listening to all the talk and getting ready to count his money. Some players are just weak and once they're close to getting the $$$$ they lose that drive that got them to where they are.

You'd think these guys would have some pride. Do they realize they are going to seal their reputation as player chokers? A great regular season team that chokes in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I've been surprised at Point's regression. I thought he was the real deal.

Probably he's guilty of listening to all the talk and getting ready to count his money. Some players are just weak and once they're close to getting the $$$$ they lose that drive that got them to where they are.

You'd think these guys would have some pride. Do they realize they are going to seal their reputation as player chokers? A great regular season team that chokes in the playoffs.
Yep after this series just name us the San Jose Sharks of the east or the new caps

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hawks fan coming in peace. I know it looks bleak right now but I think you guys will storm back and win the series. Just a gut feeling I have. I am cheering for you guys to win it all.
Hopefully but I see no signs of it happening

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
His career still has a long way to go. But fine, you don’t trade one of the best players in franchise history, off of arguably the best season in franchise history, because of a few bad games where coaching is obviously a problem.

Best player or not, my point stands. It would be unbelievably ****ing stupid.

When did I say anything about trading him? My trade order would be Stamkos, Palat, Killorn, Johnson, Miller, Gourde then Kucherov.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
When did I say anything about trading him? My trade order would be Stamkos, Palat, Killorn, Johnson, Miller, Gourde then Kucherov.
Nobody wants to trade Kucherov and trading Stamkos is almost just as stupid.

The goal should be shedding as much secondary weight as possible. This group: Killorn, Palat, TyJo, Miller, Cally, Serg.

If you can find a way to shed 2-3 of those then your in a lot better shape to rework the roster.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I think it is obvious that probably Miller is gone during the off-season and potentially Callahan. The main person who I would look to move is Palat though. It really is going to be interesting to see what happens during the off season if we don’t manage to turn this series around.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nobody wants to trade Kucherov and trading Stamkos is almost just as stupid.

The goal should be shedding as much secondary weight as possible. This group: Killorn, Palat, TyJo, Miller, Cally, Serg.

If you can find a way to shed 2-3 of those then your in a lot better shape to rework the roster.

We can get rid of all the secondary scoring we want, as long as Stamkos is the captain of this team they ain't winning a damn thing.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
We are not winning squat... not another period, much less another game, until Vasilevskiy plays up to all of the hype he gets. We need 54 saves against Washington Vasilevskiy. Not 4 goals on 17 shots against Boston Vasilevskiy.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Yep after this series just name us the San Jose Sharks of the east or the new caps

I'd say the best comparisons would be the early to mid 90s Detroit Red Wings. Dominated the regular season every year but couldn't finish the job in the playoffs.

The next best comparison, you're right, it's the Caps. Dominated the regular season but failed in the playoffs.

Interesting to compare all 3 teams. All 3 were high scoring in the regular season. However, the main difference is both the 90s Wings and the Caps teams had obviously sub par goaltenders. While Vasy has been pretty awful in the first 2 games, he stacks up much better compared to Tim Cheveldae or the Cristobal Huets of the world.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
We can get rid of all the secondary scoring we want, as long as Stamkos is the captain of this team they ain't winning a damn thing.
I’m not really a sensationalist, but in our brief history - stripping lecavalier of the C was obviously the right choice.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

I am referring to the people in here talking about trading him. You responded to one part of a post and I conceded that he may not be the best player yet, and then reiterated the second half of my first post (that it would be f***ing stupid to trade him). You were too busy nitpicking to read the rest of the post, I guess.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I know so many people have crapped on this for years, but I just dont understand how we never addressed any kind of power forward types in our top six. Was there never an opportunity to bring in a guy that's good enough for that over the past 3-4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad