GDT: 4/12/19 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC Columbus VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
There's a difference between "best player" (on the ice) and most beloved by the city. Regardless we could really use his fire on the bench right now instead of a cheap shot artist. I like Kuch a lot and not saying to trade him but that's how it is.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Marty ****ed us before the playoffs in 2014, but yeah go ahead and tell me how much better he was to us fans in tampa.

If it wasn't for that same guy we wouldn't have won a cup in 2004 and probably wouldn't have a hockey team. Him and Vinny were our bright spots in our dark days. Lets not act like because it was a bitter end he didn't do us a service by helping lead us to a cup. He's still the better player between him and Kucherov.

Kucherov has a ways to go in maturity and poise to match Marty. Showing up in big games, keeping your ego in check when you're needed are two things he can start with when he comes back.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Enough with the ****ing pity party. Sick of it. Time to man up and win this thing. Win game 3 and everything changes.
Yeah, if they can win game 3 it completely changes the dynamic, but at this point, can they even win a period? They haven't been able to do so since the first of game one.

I don't really think this is going to go past 5. They should have been completely embarrassed with how game one went, getting booed off the ice after winning 62 in the regular season. That should have been all they needed. Then they come out and play worse than they did in the game that got them embarrassed in the first place?

And now you gotta do it with a Hedman that's maybe 30% of himself and without your 128 point winger.

I just don't think they're built for playoff adversity, to be honest.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Enough with the ****ing pity party. Sick of it. Time to man up and win this thing. Win game 3 and everything changes.
Yep. An 0-2 deficit is relatively insignificant. We could still win the series without taking it to a Game 7.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I agree. Win game 3 and Columbus will be feeling some heat. Could go out there and steal a game 4 somehow. Could happen. I think we lose the next game its definitely over. Hope we can at least win next game and make it a series.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yeah, if they can win game 3 it completely changes the dynamic, but at this point, can they even win a period? They haven't been able to do so since the first of game one.

I don't really think this is going to go past 5. They should have been completely embarrassed with how game one went, getting booed off the ice after winning 62 in the regular season. That should have been all they needed. Then they come out and play worse than they did in the game that got them embarrassed in the first place?

And now you gotta do it with a Hedman that's maybe 30% of himself and without your 128 point winger.

You know how they win? By working harder then the other team. THAT has been the main difference in this series. The work ethic. Columbus has out worked and out hustled Tampa in every aspect of the game. If Tampa comes out and matches or surpasses that work ethic then Tampa takes this in 6 games.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I'm usually Mr. Pessimist, but here.

Win tomorrow night and it's 2-1. Kuch honestly needs a break to get his mind right, and I think he'll come back ready to tie the series in game 4.

More thoughts:
Cirelli needs more ice time.
Killorn took two bad penalties that essentially costed us games 1 and 2.
The rookies look more focused than the vets...

What an epic collapse if we get swept out of this series, though...

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
There was also some really bad luck in game 2, the miss by Johnson on the open net and then Stamkos having his shot blocked by point or that jackets defender in front of the open net. Plus a few posts.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
what gets me is if there clogging up the middle on us so bad in there own zone they got to be screening there goalie our guys need to get in front and our defenseman need to shoot

Reactions: DaBolts

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015

It's complicated. We've been bad, but even so that first goal against yesterday was so weak. That set the tone unfortunately. And it's hard to feel confident about your chances when some kind of weird playoff voodoo is preventing you from scoring even when you're staring at open nets like Stammer and TJ were. I think Game 3's going to look a little better for us. I really do.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd like to mix guys who've looked good with some skill guys.

For instance, Anthony Cirelli is one of few players who've looked great to me. I know it messes with the C depth program, but Kuch's suspension is gonna mess everything up anyway. Why not something like Point-Cirelli-Joseph?

They're forcing us to the perimeter right now but we're just way too eager to oblige. The most guilty guys of that are Point and Kucherov, obviously, but it's pretty much infected the entire top-six (minus maybe Stamkos).

Palat looks like he has a broken hand or something. I'm not saying he does--I'm saying he's that bad and it might just be because he sucks that much now. But it seems like he's skating fine and playing physically, but every time he touches the puck it ends in disaster.

Cernak might be our best player. I know he's been a breath of fresh air, but that's terribly concerning.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I want old, beginning-mid season Point back. That kid buzzed and drove and created. I havent seen him nearly as effective in the past not just couple days, but months.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Marty is the best player we've ever had. Actually scored clutch goals in overtime elimination games instead of disappearing.

Didn't take out his frustrations by doing stupid shit either. Fired up the team and played harder when times were tough. Lightning don't have that guy right now, Hedman could be it but he just goes and talks shit to the other bench instead.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If it wasn't for that same guy we wouldn't have won a cup in 2004 and probably wouldn't have a hockey team. Him and Vinny were our bright spots in our dark days. Lets not act like because it was a bitter end he didn't do us a service by helping lead us to a cup. He's still the better player between him and Kucherov.

Kucherov has a ways to go in maturity and poise to match Marty. Showing up in big games, keeping your ego in check when you're needed are two things he can start with when he comes back.

Imagine Kucherov having to stick though 2007-2011 with the teams Marty played on, he would've bolted in a year.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'd like to mix guys who've looked good with some skill guys.

For instance, Anthony Cirelli is one of few players who've looked great to me. I know it messes with the C depth program, but Kuch's suspension is gonna mess everything up anyway. Why not something like Point-Cirelli-Joseph?

They're forcing us to the perimeter right now but we're just way too eager to oblige. The most guilty guys of that are Point and Kucherov, obviously, but it's pretty much infected the entire top-six (minus maybe Stamkos).

Palat looks like he has a broken hand or something. I'm not saying he does--I'm saying he's that bad and it might just be because he sucks that much now. But it seems like he's skating fine and playing physically, but every time he touches the puck it ends in disaster.

Cernak might be our best player. I know he's been a breath of fresh air, but that's terribly concerning.
Hmm, a WJC line. Might work. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad