GDT: 4/12/19 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC Columbus VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I know so many people have crapped on this for years, but I just dont understand how we never addressed any kind of power forward types in our top six. Was there never an opportunity to bring in a guy that's good enough for that over the past 3-4 years?
Problem is the guys that are usually available are on their last legs like Callahan and Simmonds. Those moves are usually a bust after a year at best. We needed Erne to develop. Or someone else.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Nobody wants to trade Kucherov and trading Stamkos is almost just as stupid.

The goal should be shedding as much secondary weight as possible. This group: Killorn, Palat, TyJo, Miller, Cally, Serg.

If you can find a way to shed 2-3 of those then your in a lot better shape to rework the roster.

Trading Sergachev does not make us a better team. Would also make the future of our blueline look pretty shit.

Reactions: DaBolts

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I know so many people have crapped on this for years, but I just dont understand how we never addressed any kind of power forward types in our top six. Was there never an opportunity to bring in a guy that's good enough for that over the past 3-4 years?
I think finally in the offseason that will need to be done

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Ok, then give the C to someone else.

There - fixed.

If Cooper had the balls to do that it might work but he never will. And I don't see Hedman as a good captain either and that bum Palat wears and A which would be a disgrace if he got the C. I would give it to Point or Cirelli just to send a message to the old guard that they couldn't cut it and the new kids are taking over.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
If Cooper had the balls to do that it might work but he never will. And I don't see Hedman as a good captain either and that bum Palat wears and A which would be a disgrace if he got the C. I would give it to Point or Cirelli just to send a message to the old guard that they couldn't cut it and the new kids are taking over.

I agree that Hedman would not be that good a Captain, imho. Palat has not worn the A at all this season. The only A's have been Callahan's permanent one (when he's playing), Hedman, McDonagh and Strålman. Think Point eventually will be the C.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Sounds like Coop is the problem...

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
From NHL.com
Tampa Bay practiced Saturday without defensemen Victor Hedman and Anton Stralman. Cooper said Hedman was taking a partial maintenance day feeling the effects from physical play in the first two games.
"He got a little banged up last night," Cooper said. "But we're hopeful that he'll be able to go tomorrow

Hedman already need rest after 2 games...
The road ahead is going to be long

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
From NHL.com
Tampa Bay practiced Saturday without defensemen Victor Hedman and Anton Stralman. Cooper said Hedman was taking a partial maintenance day feeling the effects from physical play in the first two games.
"He got a little banged up last night," Cooper said. "But we're hopeful that he'll be able to go tomorrow

Hedman already need rest after 2 games...
The road ahead is going to be long
Potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad