GDT: 4/12/18 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC New Jersey VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Whoever's in charge of our PK better have been watching the second period of the Pitt-Philly game. And taking pages of notes. A PK literally can't get it done any better than Philly managed to.

And I hope our guys are watching the game too. NJ will be pushing back tomorrow, and we need to be ready for it. And be ready for the early start.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Whoever's in charge of our PK better have been watching the second period of the Pitt-Philly game. And taking pages of notes. A PK literally can't get it done any better than Philly managed to.

And I hope our guys are watching the game too. NJ will be pushing back tomorrow, and we need to be ready for it. And be ready for the early start.
Wow, wonder if they can beat Pens.

Looking at the stats Ducks killed 5 out of 6 last night but apparently they couldn't do anything else much.

I agree they should just copy the good PK. I've seen the worst team (Yotes at the time) doing great PK this season. Must be the system and confidence that comes with it that actually works.

Reactions: Herbert Lewis

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Wow, wonder if they can beat Pens.

Looking at the stats Ducks killed 5 out of 6 last night but apparently they couldn't do anything else much.

I agree they should just copy the good PK. I've seen the worst team (Yotes at the time) doing great PK this season. Must be the system and confidence that comes with it that actually works.
Maybe. Then again, I wouldn't put it past the Pens to win it in the third.

And, yeah. We could pick a team at random, and copy their power play, and probably get better results than we're getting at the moment. Sure feels like it, anyway.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Maybe. Then again, I wouldn't put it past the Pens to win it in the third.

And, yeah. We could pick a team at random, and copy their power play, and probably get better results than we're getting at the moment. Sure feels like it, anyway.
yeah cuz we just let the guy shoots, not taking away their puck and clear. With that said, I've seen the team done a good PK albeit a few. Wasn't our first one good? don't remember tho...but the team needs to remember (unlike me!)the good ones they've had and try to repeat them.

4-1 flyers!

Reactions: Bolt 45

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Not the time for our guys to be jumping and diving in front of slap shots in just a game one. The PK is our weakness but no worries at this point.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Not the time for our guys to be jumping and diving in front of slap shots in just a game one. The PK is our weakness but no worries at this point.
Our guys will block shots, that's not really the issue. It's a structural thing. Forwards seem like they are confused as to when to pressure, when to fall back, etc. I remember Cirelli taking a step like he was going to rush the point, then stop like "probably shouldn't". You gotta know where you're suppose to go. Another time the two forwards were at the same distance from the net in the high slot, basically standing next to each other.

I don't know what's going on here but the players look confused.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Our PK looks like four squirrels trying to decide which side of the street to run to as a car approaches.

Reactions: Hoek

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
A busy Saturday night, and an devil fan walks into a bar. He orders a Budweiser Prohibition brew, as to not be drunk when his mommy comes to pick him up at 10. The bartender pours his drink into a bowl and hands it to him. "A bowl?!?" he exclaimed. "I want my drink in a cup!"

A cheeky grin appeared on the bartenders face. "AN DEVIL FAN WANTS AN CUP????" LELELEL the whole bar laughed this noob into oblivion. the end.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
On a serious note, I was walking home late one night from ze club when I saw an damzel in distress being mugged, by you guessed it, Rick Bowness. I said Rick!! What are you an doing!! He said an notes to the perfect penalty kill were inside this ladies bag and he had to get them. I said hoooooold it pal, an perfect penalty kill is not possible, it is an paradox of the innermind. He looked at me for an moment and then i realized this was not a Rick, but a rick-trick or a no-bow. This was a man DISGUISED as Rick bowness.

You are no rick bowness, you are a lowly devils fan! Out to steal the perfect penalty kill from distressed damzels! Sneaky devils fan, but as always, low cunning too! I slashed him with my stick up near the hands and he let go of the ladies bag. Like the devils fan he is, he got the heck out of dodge, especially after he got a glimpse of my 2007-2011 bolts primary logo tattoo on both my biceps.

Oh and that damzel in distress? We are getting married this summer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad