GDT: 4/12/18 - 7:00PM EDT - #2WC New Jersey VS #1AT Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Really impressed with the way they played. A lot of our question marks were answered. I thought McDonagh as brilliant and Coburn looked like 2015 Coburn. He was out with Hedman and didn't look out of place. Sergachev did well, would like to see him lose the sluggish movement and play a more hurried style but no complaints. Swedes were fantastic and Girardi was solid as well. I thought our worst line was 91, 86 and 10. Gourde was amazing as was Cirelli. Playoff Killorn and playoff Johnson showed up. Point and Palat (minus his error) were terrific. 4th did their job well. Vasy had a solid performance too.

Only problem was that soft ass call when they missed several right after on Kucherov and Miller, and even one where Boyle tripped our guy in front. Oh well. I don't mind letting those go, but why call Miller? That and not peppering Kinkaid or making him work for about a 10 minute stretch let them get up to speed.

Nice to have game 1 under our belt! Hope they're ready for the early game Saturday!!!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
There's room to improve, but it was a solid first showing. I just don't think NJ has what it takes to beat TB unless Hall goes on a historic tear against them.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Gtfoh seriously?
Yeah. Check their gee dee tee. Or don’t, actually, cuz it’s a lot to process.

Cliffs notes: they played really well and just a couple mental mistakes allowed the lightning to capitalize. Mistakes which they will correct on Saturday somehow. And no one expected a devils sweep so they got us right where they want us. Lmao.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
If the first line is only going to play in one half of the ice, I'll take what they gave us tonight. They weren't great offensively, but they did their part in front of Vasy. This was a solid team effort, top to bottom.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Did Sergachev get hurt tonight or did Tampa basically elect to go with 5 D?

Devils broadcast never said anything about it, but I dont recall seeing him at all after some point in the 2nd.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Did Sergachev get hurt tonight or did Tampa basically elect to go with 5 D?

Devils broadcast never said anything about it, but I dont recall seeing him at all after some point in the 2nd.
He's young. They probably didn't want to put too much on his plate when the game tightened up. We've got some experienced studs who were generally going to get the bulk of those kinds of minutes, I'd think.

I vaguely remember something involving a stick and his face early in the game. And blood.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
He's young. They probably didn't want to put too much on his plate when the game tightened up. We've got some experienced studs who were generally going to get a bulk of those kinds of minutes, I'd think.

I vaguely remember something involving a stick and his face early in the game. And blood.

Gotcha. Nice luxury to have. Devils have too many 19, 20, 21, 22 year olds in the starting lineup that they cant "hide" them all.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Their fanbase is much more optimistic and patient than ours. That's for sure. If we would've lost it would've been mayhem in here with me sending everybody into panic mode. They got beat 5-2 and act like somebody knitted them a sweater.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Gotcha. Nice luxury to have. Devils have too many 19, 20, 21, 22 year olds in the starting lineup that they cant "hide" them all.
It is a nice luxury. Stevie Y knows what he's doing. We bring guys along slowly unless they literally force us to play them more, like Point and Cirelli. Coop really makes young guys earn his trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad