GDT: 4/11 Gone Fishing: Bruins vs Islanders 7pm NESN+, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
Really impress with Jagr, didn't like his little dive but like his take charge attitude in the 3rd.

I'm not too worry with the team, I'm sure everyone and their mother (including Claude) know those line are aweful. He's just sending a message to the player to grind it out a little more.

I'm so excited to see Krejci and Jagr togheter, it happen three time tonight and it result in 3 scoring chances.

What message is he sending exactly? That if you score in back to back games you will still be "punished" but if you don't even try you can be on the 1st and 2nd line? His message sucks.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am going to cut them some slack because of the back to back after giving it some thought.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
The bruins were soft again. Daugavins did some things well. Would rather him than Thornton when everyone is healthy bc Thornton is just useless these days.

Like Lucic and hitting; Thornton is only of value when he's hitting/fighting/clawing. He's not done that for months. No, he's not the only problem or the biggest problem but he's partly blameworthy. Tonight, we could've done with a wake up fight. Our PK is good enough to withstand it occasionally and our O could benenfit from it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
careful. Reasons = excuses and excuses = weakness.

Bruins have to go 48-0 and beat teams by 3+ goals for this to be a successful season

*dons flame Pejorative Slurant suit*

Nobodies saying that. Quite the exaggeration.

Most people want just one game with a 60 minute effort. Not asking too much.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Islanders came to win and the Bruins didn't.

Julien using the 3 in 4 excuse too.

Bergeron37

Mar 16, 2010
The team is probably tired as hell, don't blame them for tonight. this season is ****ing dumb. ****ing lockout.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Islanders played hard. Lot's of intensity. You could see they are already in playoffs mode trying to secure a spot for the 1st time in I don't remember how long.

Meanwhile, the B's are not playing with any urgency and keep on allowing gazillion shots/scoring chances since Bergy is out and safely in as #2 or #4 seed.

Just get through the next 8 games healthy, get everyone back and even the most negative ones will enjoy the Cup parade next June. Or will they find something else to cry about?

Over the remaining games, they should start giving players a game off like they did today with Hamilton.

Both Chara and Seidenberg look like they could use a break.

Let's slip Redden into a game or 2 and see if he can contribute.

Put Jagr with Krejci and Seguin.

GodTukka*

That tired excuse doesn't fly, Jagr is 40 and has played the same amount of games the Bruins have in the last bit. He looked totally fine.

And for those saying "Well we won 4 of our last 5 ...did you bother to check the stats on those games

No? let me fill you in:

Vs Ottawa: W (3-2) Gave up 47 shots on goal, plenty of good chances

Vs New Jersey: W (1-0) Outshot badly, only goal was a lucky tip-in, if New Jersey has Kovalchuk it's likely a different outcome

@ Montreal: L (3-2) don't even have to explain this one, piss poor effort capped off by an embarrassing last minute power play

Vs Carolina: W (6-2) Game would have been over early if not for Rask and the Canes craptacular goaltending as Carolina was all over them in the 1st, gave up 40 shots again

@ New Jersey: W (5-4) Lousy effort the moment they got a lead, bad defense and surprise surprise they get outshot again. (28-18)

Like it or not, this team is not looking good, the wins are merely an illusion

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
I am going to cut them some slack because of the back to back after giving it some thought.

While I agree to a certain extent, going 2-4 on the 2nd of back to backs is rough, especially when considering how condensed the playoff schedule is. One of the things that I think separates the Bruins from teams like the Blackhawks and Penguins...At some point our boys have to find a way to win despite being tired and overcome some injuries as well

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Nobodies saying that. Quite the exaggeration.

Most people want just one game with a 60 minute effort. Not asking too much.

It's an exaggeration because people are being equally ridiculous. That's the point :laugh:

Islanders are the hottest team in the East
They are the best road team in the East
They were fresh and good to go
Bruins played last night
Bruins have played 3 times in 4 nights.
Bruins are without their two best players (Marchand and Bergeron)

Am I happy? No.. but Jesus Christ. The people here who are like "derp, this is a ONE AND DONE TEAM" are being ridiculous.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
its funny because after a loss we have a specific vocal group and we have a differnt one after a win.

some people only come out to play when there is something to compaline about.

I swear I think some people like when the Bruins lose becasue it gives them more ammo.

Happy I enjoy the game and like watching the Bruins win or lose (obviously more when they win).

To be so negitive must really be a downer in life. oh well off to bed tomorrow is another day.

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
2 games 2 nights.

Lighten the **** up.

If this is game 1 in the postseason, I'm not sure there's enough time to make all the adjustments necessary.

Postgame sounds like everyone expected to lose. To be sure there are a number of factors, but the effort in some of these games shouldn't be so easily excused.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
It's an exaggeration because people are being equally ridiculous. That's the point :laugh:

Islanders are the hottest team in the East
They are the best road team in the East
They were fresh and good to go
Bruins played last night
Bruins have played 3 times in 4 nights.
Bruins are without their two best players (Marchand and Bergeron)

Am I happy? No.. but Jesus Christ. The people here who are like "derp, this is a ONE AND DONE TEAM" are being ridiculous.

pretty much nailed it.

GodTukka*

That "Bergeron and Marchand hurt" **** doesn't fly either

It was the same story with them in the line-up

GodTukka*

there's criticizing the team. (which is here .)

then somewhere down

here . is comparing this team to the dave lewis team in an effort to exaggerate and/or be hyperbolic.

I'll agree that comparing them to the Lewis teams is a bit absurd. but at the same time people can't ignore the fact something's wrong

the defense looks lost most nights, lack of effort on offense.

The question i'd be asking, we have the tools to be a powerhouse, why aren't we playing like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad