march_tavares_12_04_zps4fe763f5.gif

march_tavares_12_05_zpsfcc916d1.gif
march_tavares_12_06_zps36f7c5d3.gif

march_tavares_12_07_zps0842e714.gif
march_tavares_12_08_zps0eb7def6.gif

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Could be facing them in the playoffs if we keep this pace. Gotta keep getting points. They're a good team that's hot right now. Hopefully Marchand's injury isn't too severe.

Great job as always Ali!!

Go :bruins's!!!!!!!!!

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Go :bee:'s! Beat them fish sticks!

To those in attendance - our PP really, REALLY, sux. Just go to the restroom or put a bag over your head when we're on the PP.

Another reminder to those in attendance - remember, we're on a 2nd leg of a back to back against a team that didn't play tonight. This is basically an "L" until we can actually win it. If we're in front by 2 or less going into the 3rd, we're cooked. You need to understand this and deal with it. :cry:

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Our lines are a mess. I've been trying to figure out what we do but nothing really goes together. I'm not putting these lines in order because, with 2/3 of our best line hurt there is no way to put them in order. I do think Julien needs to blow up the the Krejci line though. Lucic and Horton are killing him.

Jagr - Krejci - Seguin (I'm sure Jagr can play the left side)
Lucic - Soup - Peverley
Paille - Kelly - Horton
Caron - Dogman - Thornton

Load up a line (Krejci) and try and get our offense from that. We are playing the Islanders and while I know they are a decent team and in a playoff race it is the Islanders.

A message MUST be sent to certain players on this team (Lucic, Horton) that MUCH more is expected from them. Double standards can not be accepted anymore. Rich Peverley got scratched because he was snake bit, dude was working hard every night. Tyler Seguin has had reduced ice time and got demoted because of a couple of bad games playing a position he had not played much in almost 3 years. David Krejci has received the whip.

Milan Lucic's effort is simply inexcuseable. He is not scoring. He is not skating. He is not hitting. ****, he is passing up shots that are there. The guy is simply TERRIBLE right now and has been awful for well over a month. He got demoted for 2 periods. He needs to get demoted for a few games. Simplify, play in straight lines, start playing hungry again. He's too damn comfortable.

Nathan Horton just needs to work harder, and stop passing up on hits.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
One point clinches a playoff spot tonight. But since this may be our 1st round opponent, let's get 2. In a convincing fashion, please. And no injuries.
I don't ask for much.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Boston needs to clinch tonight. Knowing them they will blow it.

They are going to be tired after spending almost an entire period on the PK.

Hope Marchand is okay but I suspect we see Daugavins in for him and another line shuffle.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Boston needs to clinch tonight. Knowing them they will blow it.

They are going to be tired after spending almost an entire period on the PK.

Hope Marchand is okay but I suspect we see Daugavins in for him and another line shuffle.

Let's wish that Marchand will be out only for 2-3 game. Hope for Bergy's return very soon. It will help the team greatly. Arrival of Soderberg might give Julien options when it becomes to bench 1 or 2 unproductive players...

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Never would have thought the Isles would be a potential 1st round opponent at the beginning of the year...

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
@RealKyper 11m
#Devils Volchenkov elbow to head of #Bruins Marchand along the boards has earned him a mid morning phone hearing today with #NHL discipline

How surprising :sarcasm:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
@RealKyper 11m
#Devils Volchenkov elbow to head of #Bruins Marchand along the boards has earned him a mid morning phone hearing today with #NHL discipline

How surprising :sarcasm:

With Shanny`s consistency, he`ll get a fine, then be asked "what did ya have for breakfast Anton":shakehead

Injuries always stink, not sure why the sting seems to hit me more when the occur against non-playoff teams or those who are in tank mode

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Awesome gif, Camfan! hahahahaahahahah

I'm scared

SupremefartMachine

Oct 2, 2010
Vermont
This game is a tough one for me. The Islanders are my 2nd favorite team, I want the Bruins to win and I want them to win the division, but I don't want them to do anything to help the Rangers move up in the standings. Catch-22.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Milan Lucic's effort is simply inexcuseable. He is not scoring. He is not skating. He is not hitting. ****, he is passing up shots that are there. The guy is simply TERRIBLE right now and has been awful for well over a month. He got demoted for 2 periods. He needs to get demoted for a few games. Simplify, play in straight lines, start playing hungry again. He's too damn comfortable.

Nathan Horton just needs to work harder, and stop passing up on hits.

I really think it's time to try and split Looch/Horton. IMHO, that line worked when both players were feeding of each other's intensity. With Horton, I think, still suffering from the aftereffects of the concussion Looch is in the funk. Kind of what's the point of working hard if your partner will just give up the puck. How about pairing Looch with Jagr while Marchy is out? Both are big bodies and Jagr can put the puck on net quite effectively. Also Jagr can lead Looch by example, teach some puck control skills.

P.S. Too bad for me the game is in Boston - would have driven out to LI to watch. Also, less travel for the B's.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Lucic sucks. Please send him to the third line.
He needs a wakeup call. Julien won't get pissed and yell at him so bench him or drop him down in the lineup
Here's a post I had in January about Lucic
I want him to have to earn his first line spot anyways. Since he was in the league he shot right up to our first line, had some good seasons for sure, but mainly coasted and played even worse in the playoffs. I have big expectations for him this year, to show he can be a consistent 30-30 or more guy and perform in the playoffs. But hey, worst comes to worst he will wreck (mostly)any other player on your team in a fight.(Talking to you Ott, Scott(we'll see), Prust)
Haven't seen much of anything
Wish I was wrong

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Great GDT Ali. You did all the work, and had the ideas. I'm just the grunt :)

A fishhook? You dirty boy. :sarcasm:

I want a decisive win tonight. I know that's asking for a lot on the back end of a back to back, so I'll probably just get decisively buzzed instead.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
I'm nervous about the type of effort we might see tonight. The Islanders are playing for their lives, they are confident right now, and they have much fresher, and in a lot of cases, younger legs. We have been giving up way too many shots lately, and some of the good, young players on the Isles will be able to finish. Rask may have to steal this one for us. No matter how ugly this one ends up being, I'll consider it a good win if we can walk away with the two points.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Go :bee:'s! Beat them fish sticks!

To those in attendance - our PP really, REALLY, sux. Just go to the restroom or put a bag over your head when we're on the PP.

Another reminder to those in attendance - remember, we're on a 2nd leg of a back to back against a team that didn't play tonight. This is basically an "L" until we can actually win it. If we're in front by 2 or less going into the 3rd, we're cooked. You need to understand this and deal with it. :cry:

Hey we went 1/3 last night. Sadly the 5 minute one was an abortion, but the one they scored on looked nice. It's still a work in progress ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad