GDT: 4/11 Gone Fishing: Bruins vs Islanders 7pm NESN+, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
It's an exaggeration because people are being equally ridiculous. That's the point :laugh:

Islanders are the hottest team in the East
They are the best road team in the East
They were fresh and good to go
Bruins played last night
Bruins have played 3 times in 4 nights.
Bruins are without their two best players (Marchand and Bergeron)

Am I happy? No.. but Jesus Christ. The people here who are like "derp, this is a ONE AND DONE TEAM" are being ridiculous.

Agree with everything except the injuries excuse. Teams as deep as ours doesn't need to resort to that, plus every team is battling injuries.

If this wasn't a back to back with a fresh isles team I'd probably be pretty pissed.

Andrew83

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
The Bruins might have a problem with conditioning this year. 2-4 on 2nd game of back-to-backs and they blow 3rd period leads. Something to think about.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
sorry, since when did it become disallowed to criticize the team?

This, the "holier then you" attitudes in here are just as bad as the "over reactors". Get a grip . . .

Here's the simple facts. While the team has won 4 of 5, they have been against some pretty bad teams or teams slumping(devils twice, canes, senators). If you are satisfied with this stretch of games then you are in for a rude awakening.

That said, I think the team will figure it out for playoff time. As long as no one else goes down, we should see a healthier line up for the playoffs, which when you get a big time player back, it energizes the whole team. Down the stretch I'd like to see Chara and Seids get some rest. Those two IMO are the only two who really have a tired excuse for the amount they have to play, and they are showing they are tired. Chara especially tonight. Get those guys some rest for the playoffs.

Frankly, I'm not entirely worried about seeding for the playoffs, keep it top 4 and I'm happy. Generally, home ice isn't what some make it out to be. Figure the play out, get healthy, send a message to the guys that need it (benching, demotion), and start the playoffs on a good note.

GodTukka*

K. If you say it doesn't fly when who am I to argue?

I bow to your superiority.

It's called logic.

With Bergeron AND Marchand in the line-up it was the same story every game, outplayed, outhustled, outworked.

tragos

Jan 7, 2013
seriously? It's hyperbolic to question the effort and performance of this team in the past few weeks??

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
It's an exaggeration because people are being equally ridiculous. That's the point :laugh:

Islanders are the hottest team in the East
They are the best road team in the East
They were fresh and good to go
Bruins played last night
Bruins have played 3 times in 4 nights.
Bruins are without their two best players (Marchand and Bergeron)

Am I happy? No.. but Jesus Christ. The people here who are like "derp, this is a ONE AND DONE TEAM" are being ridiculous.

Yeah, it's ridiculous to think this team could be one and done. Especially after that deep run they had last year...

Soderberg

Mar 29, 2011
My main issue is Lucic not being held accountable. He's my favorite Bruin, but he's been terrible. Seguin was demoted for no real reason, is back to playing well, but still on the 3rd line. Perverley was scratched for his slump.... makes no sense.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
because they're not really a powerhouse?

they lack offensive and defensive depth and what top talent they have (especially on the back end) looks slower and older.

i think there's a difference between the people who are complaining about this team and those who are happy with them being where they are. i didn't see them as a runaway 1st in the conference winner, certainly. other teams are better. some people here can't seem to grasp that. get to the playoffs and empty the clip there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad