Post-Game Talk: 4-1 win over Panthers: Division Champs!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Getting scoring from all 3 lines lately, which has been a huge factor. Team is definitely getting hot at the right time. If Galchenyuk can just find his scoring touch then things are looking ever better.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
5th overall in the standings. 4th best defense and 14th best offense. Hope we can continue to find scoring for all top 3 lines as this is needed! The PP will be very important in the playoffs too!

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
Are you watching the games? Serious question...

he is suffering an extreme case of lack of confidence. he is weak on the puck and loses many battles. he turns the puck over. he looks slow out there. seems to lack the creativity he had in his game before his injury.

considering all this this, with one of the lowest TOI on the team int he last 20 games, having come back from a knee injury which im sure didnt help him and given the change in lines and teachings from Julien to help improve his game, he is still 3rd in the team in points since Julien arrived. I still think the answer is to put Shaw on the wing and Chucky Plays C. but if they feel he is a LW he will wither and become a 40-50 point player there.

his best games have come at C and RW

Lets hope he breaks out of his funk but any player that has 15 points in 21 games and is one of the least used forwards and is still considered to be in a funk and bashed on AC, thats a player i dont give up on

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I'd give Lindgren the games against Buffalo and Detroit and have Price play Tampa. Also, rotate rest some of the veterans!

This , or tomorrow and Friday with Price. 2 more games before the play-offs for him would be OK too.
Let Markov rest for sure.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
mccarron, mitchell and flynn if ready to play against buffalo.. maybe even call up hudon and give him 2 games before the end...JDLR as well as hes been hot

put Chucky at Center and let him get his touch back

rest markov as soon as BEnn is ready.

its nice though that Webs and Benn each got 1 week and 2 weeks off respectively to recharge the batteries.

would be nice if markov had friday saturday off too. give him a nice long 4 day break to recharge before the playoff grind.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd give Lindgren the games against Buffalo and Detroit and have Price play Tampa. Also, rotate rest some of the veterans!

With 1st placed locked up, I'm sure CJ will rest some key players here and there for the Playoffs.

Also, I wonder if the Avs would be interested in Lindgren in a package trade for Duchene. It would be way more than Lindgren of course but I wonder if they value him at all?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
he is suffering an extreme case of lack of confidence. he is weak on the puck and loses many battles. he turns the puck over. he looks slow out there. seems to lack the creativity he had in his game before his injury.

considering all this this, with one of the lowest TOI on the team int he last 20 games, having come back from a knee injury which im sure didnt help him and given the change in lines and teachings from Julien to help improve his game, he is still 3rd in the team in points since Julien arrived. I still think the answer is to put Shaw on the wing and Chucky Plays C. but if they feel he is a LW he will wither and become a 40-50 point player there.

his best games have come at C and RW

Lets hope he breaks out of his funk but any player that has 15 points in 21 games and is one of the least used forwards and is still considered to be in a funk and bashed on AC, thats a player i dont give up on

For my money if I am not playing him at center I am playing him on his off wing he is a better threat to pass as well as shoot on the right side.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
For my money if I am not playing him at center I am playing him on his off wing he is a better threat to pass as well as shoot on the right side.

agreed. but lehkonen has been a monster at RW the last 7 games since moved.. 5 goals 2 assists in 7 games..

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Getting scoring from all 3 lines lately, which has been a huge factor. Team is definitely getting hot at the right time. If Galchenyuk can just find his scoring touch then things are looking ever better.

We dont have a standardly build offense because the C-Line dosnt produce alot compare to other top contenders, but i dont think that our offense is as bad as some people think. The group of wingers in the top9 can score alot of goals Pax(35) Chuck(25-30) Radu,GAllagher(20-25) Byron Lehkonen(20ish), and i also think that the D-Core is producing points more than the top contenders Weber-Markov(50) Petry 35 Beaulieu 30.. Because most of the forwards are going to the dirty areas they should be able to still produce when the the games are getting tighter in the playoff.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We dont have a standardly build offense because the C-Line dosnt produce alot compare to other top contenders, but i dont think that our offense is as bad as some people think. The group of wingers in the top9 can score alot of goals Pax(35) Chuck(25-30) Radu,GAllagher(20-25) Byron Lehkonen(20ish), and i also think that the D-Core is producing points more than the top contenders Weber-Markov(50) Petry 35 Beaulieu 30.. Because most of the forwards are going to the dirty areas they should be able to still produce when the the games are getting tighter in the playoff.

Chuck can't score 30 on the LW. At that position he is a 20-25 goals scorer at the very best. Time for people to wake up and accept reality. AG never looked good on the LW.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
mccarron, mitchell and flynn if ready to play against buffalo.. maybe even call up hudon and give him 2 games before the end...JDLR as well as hes been hot

put Chucky at Center and let him get his touch back

rest markov as soon as BEnn is ready.

its nice though that Webs and Benn each got 1 week and 2 weeks off respectively to recharge the batteries.

would be nice if markov had friday saturday off too. give him a nice long 4 day break to recharge before the playoff grind.

Markov had about 5 weeks off in the middle of the year, which was truly welcomed, you can still spot instances of slowness, but we can attribute that more to his age tHan being overplayed

Wouldn't be against resting him a game but it wasn't as pressing as giving weber a couple games off

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
What was the consensus last night on the Florida goal? I thought pushing a player into his goalie should constitute an interference penalty

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
With the division locked up, and 3 games against 3 non-playoff teams remaining (well Tampa is still in the race), it's time to rest some vets.

Keep Weber out for the rest of the regular season, Markov got a lot of rest mid-season, but let him rest the final 2 games, play Lingdren vs. Buffalo and Detroit, let Plekanec rest for the last 2 games. I wouldn't even be opposed to resting Radulov/Pacioretty if they wanted it, but with career-highs on the line, it wouldn't surprise me for both to want to play out the rest of the season.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
With 1st placed locked up, I'm sure CJ will rest some key players here and there for the Playoffs.

Also, I wonder if the Avs would be interested in Lindgren in a package trade for Duchene. It would be way more than Lindgren of course but I wonder if they value him at all?
I think Duchene might be at his lowest point in his career. No doubt it is due to the brutal play of the Avs but with like 1g and 1a in his past 20gp.. 37p on the season - what are teams really going to give up for him considering what Sakic is apparently asking?
I think Sakic wont get what he is asking and as such will let ego get in the way. He'll try to move him at the TD next year or let him walk.
Sakic doesnt have a clue about business - and it is showing.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think Duchene might be at his lowest point in his career. No doubt it is due to the brutal play of the Avs but with like 1g and 1a in his past 20gp.. 37p on the season - what are teams really going to give up for him considering what Sakic is apparently asking?
I think Sakic wont get what he is asking and as such will let ego get in the way. He'll try to move him at the TD next year or let him walk.
Sakic doesnt have a clue about business - and it is showing.

I understand that the Avs didn't have to move Duchene this season but the price they were asking was just outrageous considering Duchene's performance and the state of the Avs. The Avs are basically the new Oilers of 2010-2015.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Easily could have been interference...we never seem to be on the right side of those types of calls?

I mean it used to be that pushing in front of the net was hockey. But to me it seemed in the last few years those plays have been called.

Thankfully it didn't change the outcome of the game. But I wouldn't be impressed with that play if it is in OT of a playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad