Pre-Game Talk: 4/1 - Game 78: Bruins hope to shake the Blues in Saint Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With this team you never know. Taking some points out of games with the heavy weights they play would be huge. This weekend would be a great time to start a hot streak.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
imo this game decides their fate. if they come out and play like theyve already lost after the stretch theyve been through then you can stick a fork in them

if they actually come out and play with urgency they will have a chance at the playoffs.

of course if they put in the effort and still lose, that may finish them off too

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Interesting to see how this plays out with the forwards. With Griffith, there are presumably 10 top-9 forwards on the roster now. Given that Griffith was not sent down, you have to think he's primed for a spot. Who gets the short end here?

On second thought, maybe griffith is just there for insurance in case someone goes down.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Be interesting to see if team performs better with sieds out of line up. D should be a little more mobile with liles morrow. Many of us have been asking for this all year.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Interesting to see how this plays out with the forwards. With Griffith, there are presumably 10 top-9 forwards on the roster now. Given that Griffith was not sent down, you have to think he's primed for a spot. Who gets the short end here?

On second thought, maybe griffith is just there for insurance in case someone goes down.

Since he is with Boston on an emergency recall, that is exactly what he is.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Let's see, St Louis on a historic run of not allowing goals, Bruins can't score.

This one ends up in a disaster, 5-0 St. Louis.

I have no optimism any more just sadness of a once great franchise ruined by needing more character guys and less skilled guys.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Must win 5 times.
St Lou tonite
Then Chicago

Then we finish the last 3 games at home vs the Wings, Canes and finally Ottawa.

Intense? Yup!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
They have to win .

If they dont I'll go off my diet.
That means I'll be drinking copious amounts of calories.
That means I'll feel like **** when I wake up.
That means I will log on here and not be my bubbly old self.
That means I will come across a not allowed 'April Fools' post.
That means I will ban the son of a *****.
That means I will feel better.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They have to win tonight.

That means I will feel better.

No expert here, but I'm pretty sure the Bruins aren't winning tonight.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
They have to win tonight.

That means I will feel better

Sounds like you've been reading those Colin Campbell emails. ;)

Kidding aside, like others have stated, a team that's not giving up any goals pitted against a team that's not scoring many goals. Doesn't look promising.

Plus St. Louis does have a lot to play for. Another first round exit for them and heads will roll, especially Hitchcock's. The possibility of avoiding Chicago in the first round, even though the Hawks have looked lethargic as of late, is big to them.

Before this great defense/goaltending streak, the Blues were giving up lots of goals. I didn't see the games to have any insight, but maybe the extra day will give Claude and co. a chance to come up with a plan.

Would love to see them walk out of Ray's Music Exchange with that great electric piano, but they'll probably only get the toaster.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Would be great if Rask could stand on his head and get them 2 unlikely points tonight.

We need plenty of things to go well to beat Stl and/or Chi. Rask being atop of his game is the most important. Next one is to score more than 1 goal like they are doing in this 1-6-0 stretch...

A win against Stl would be huge. Even more if the Wild keep their winning streak going and beat Detroit.

Go B's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad