Post-Game Talk: 4-1 for the good guys. Virtanens gets his first. The Kids Are Hot Tonight

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
The Kids:

royal-show-5.jpg

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
:laugh:

If these 3 youngsters didn't make the team it would be so much worse. I doubt anybody could've called this.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Didn't get to watch this but from what I hear it was a solid game all around!

Glad Bart did some good, and right on for Virts slamming his first goal on his first game as an 'official' NHL player ;)

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
If that was the real Virtanen we started to see tonight.. we're going to have to adjust the current narrative surrounding him.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
very clean performance without sbisa in the lineup. bartowski had his dumb moments but was very, very good through the neutral zone. Thought Baertschi was engaged again tonight, personally feel like he's put 3 good performances together. Horvat skated miles, best player on the ice in my books. Edler and Tanev, were Edler and Tanev gave Giroux and Voracek nothing when on the ice together, Tanev should quietly put up 30 points this year. Miller solid after an iffy second half in Dallas. Hutton poised as ever, looks like a top 4 guy out there. Not a 60 minute performance by any teams but a solid win fuelled by the kids!

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
Thought Cracknell had a great game and he played real good last game too. He's a great 4th liner.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Like I said in the last thread, great game from all the kids, even Sven.

I'd like to see Biega sub in for Bart one game... Bart was our worst dman tonight, not even Hamhuis can help him.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
with McCan,Boeser,Horvat,Virtanen,Hutton,Shinkaruk and Subban I see a future core building

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i think hamhuis has really lost his legs over the past year and a half.

i really think they'll trade him at the deadline because i don't see fit in re-signing him for more than 2 years, and he'll probably want more.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

I'd like to see Biega sub in for Bart one game... Bart was our worst dman tonight, not even Hamhuis can help him.

Really hope Sven can continue to improve. He is going to get benched if he doesn't get better fast with Higgins coming back soon.

Yeah Baertschi was not good, he is ok when he can skate the puck out of his zone but then most of the time he is really an adventure in the dzone.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
i think hamhuis has really lost his legs over the past year and a half.

i really think they'll trade him at the deadline because i don't see fit in re-signing him for more than 2 years, and he'll probably want more.

It's not like we have the personnel to replace him.
Hutton might be able to move up but then will still need to get another top 4 dman from UFA and those are hard to come by.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
very clean performance without sbisa in the lineup. bartowski had his dumb moments but was very, very good through the neutral zone. Thought Baertschi was engaged again tonight, personally feel like he's put 3 good performances together. Horvat skated miles, best player on the ice in my books. Edler and Tanev, were Edler and Tanev gave Giroux and Voracek nothing when on the ice together, Tanev should quietly put up 30 points this year. Miller solid after an iffy second half in Dallas. Hutton poised as ever, looks like a top 4 guy out there. Not a 60 minute performance by any teams but a solid win fuelled by the kids!

Hutton had an iffy game today. Too many times he got caught trying to move the puck out his zone. Luckily the Flyers are ass and could not capitalize.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Only if McCann hit that empty netter would have been rookie leader in goals. Virtanen played just under 11 mins and could of had 2-3 goals also dished out 3 hits, I could get used to this.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Thought Cracknell had a great game and he played real good last game too. He's a great 4th liner.

Thought he had a tough first period, then a tremendous 2nd half of the game.

There really are no weak links up front on this team this season. We're 15-16 deep - terrific forward depth right now.

Bartkowski was terrific tonight. Losing a one on one battle with an elite offensive player doesn't erase that.

Baerstchi has gotten better for 3 consecutive games. Confidence looks to finally be there. Hopefully we're on the verge of seeing him break out. There are a lot of young finishers in the mix - if he can solidify himself as a reliable NHL forward he's going to have tremendous opportunities to set up some lethal shooters in the coming years.

This was supposed to be a 13-15th in the West team? I'm still not seeing it...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00