Post-Game Talk: 3rd Win of the Season + 3rd Road Win in a Year.. Thanks Dallas! (3-2 Leafs Win)

OvenMittz*

Rielly's going to get a contract at least as big as Hamilton's at the end of this year.

I'd like to lock him up for 7-8 years. If we can lock him up at 5m that would be a steal!!

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I'm so glad they beat those punks. You know losing to toronto irritates them. I'm also surprised that pervert benn didn't fondle somebody nuts again. I'd insult their fans but we're not allowed too. No fun.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
2 of the 3 wins have come when the Leafs have been outshot.

Are we winning "the wrong way?"

;)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I never thought in a million years they could actually come back once they were down 2-1. Colour me shocked.

Leafs didn't even play as well as they did against Washington. That 2nd period last night was pretty ugly. Reimer bailed them out, even if he got pretty lucky on a few plays or let in a bad goal.

Either way, the effort was there.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Nice to see the Leafs finally get a W, especially against a very good team like Dallas. Kind of funny the Leafs swept them this year

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Babcock has the boys playing some sound systematic hockey and the results are starting to come now.

His shutdown pairing of Rielly and Hunwick have done an excellent job reducing the impact of the other teams star offensive players allowing the game scores to remain close.

While 3 wins in 15 games is not great, its a start to getting the Leafs playing the right way and winning the right way.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Points in 3 straight!

Leafs have been playing well. Even in many games they've lost recently, they've been in the games and just couldn't find the additional scoring touch to push them over the top.

It will be interesting to watch to see if they can sneak a few more into the W column.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Will Reimer be re-signed if he continues to play like he has so far?

OvenMittz*

Will Reimer be re-signed if he continues to play like he has so far?

Boosting his trade value hopefully. Reimer has been playing good, with a lot of lucky bounces going his way as well. He plays a very unpositional game, that i don't think he can sustain, but nevertheless he is producing results so good on him.

But i would hope that a team chimes in and takes interest and gives us something for him. Hopefully a team who needs a stop gap in goal and then convert him in hopes he turns into a reliable back up.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Its over. JR has won the net.

Bernier should be fed to the teams like the Ducks and Jackets.
If JR is to be traded, then shouldn't Bibeau be given a shot right now?

I didn't see a Leaf goal last night, saw both Stars goals.
I didn't think Hunwick was great on Sharp's goal.

We're on a bit of a roll.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Its over. JR has won the net.

Bernier should be fed to the teams like the Ducks and Jackets.
If JR is to be traded, then shouldn't Bibeau be given a shot right now?

I didn't see a Leaf goal last night, saw both Stars goals.
I didn't think Hunwick was great on Sharp's goal.

We're on a bit of a roll.

Hunwick has lapses every game but is for the most part stable. I've found he seems to have rough 2nd periods oddly enough.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Typical Reimer. Makes several outstanding saves and the two goals he allows are brutal softies. If he could just be consistent, he would be a decent starter.

Don't look now, but the Leafs are starting to grasp Babcock's system and earn points.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Babcock has the boys playing some sound systematic hockey and the results are starting to come now.

His shutdown pairing of Rielly and Hunwick have done an excellent job reducing the impact of the other teams star offensive players allowing the game scores to remain close.

While 3 wins in 15 games is not great, its a start to getting the Leafs playing the right way and winning the right way.

It's crazy that the pairing of Hunwick and Rielly have looked really good despite getting all of the tougher matchups and teams are now purposely targeting Phaneuf and Gardiner.

For the longest time, the argument for Phaneuf was that he was always had to face the other teams top line. Now that he isn't and the reverse is happening (teams actually focusing in on his pairing), his value is plummeting even faster.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's crazy that the pairing of Hunwick and Rielly have looked really good despite getting all of the tougher matchups and teams are now purposely targeting Phaneuf and Gardiner.

For the longest time, the argument for Phaneuf was that he was always had to face the other teams top line. Now that he isn't and the reverse is happening (teams actually focusing in on his pairing), his value is plummeting even faster.

Not saying it isn't but how do we know that to be true?

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
2 of the 3 wins have come when the Leafs have been outshot.

Are we winning "the wrong way?"

;)

What a weird point to try and make. Like shots don't matter?

No point in playing defense since being outshot doesn't matter. Our forwards might as well circle in the neutral zone and wait for breakout passes for odd-man rushes.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

The Dion/Gardiner pairing perpetually looked like they were one minor misstep or bobbled puck from a major breakdown. Overall though they had a pretty good game, lucky or not.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Not saying it isn't but how do we know that to be true?

When Lindy Ruff had the opportunity, he put out Seguin-Benn-Sharp line against either the pairing of Gardiner & Phaneuf or Polak & Harrington.

I guess they weren't really targeting the Phaneuf pairing solely, but they were prefering to avoid Rielly and Hunwick.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When Lindy Ruff had the opportunity, he put out Seguin-Benn-Sharp line against either the pairing of Gardiner & Phaneuf or Polak & Harrington.

I guess they weren't really targeting the Phaneuf pairing solely, but they were prefering to avoid Rielly and Hunwick.

This is based off of Millen making mention?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad