Prospect Info: 3rd Round Kings Pick #90 Center Michael Amadio

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thinking maybe its an Emerson Etem situation, where he has skills but its a limited skill set that works well against this caliber of opposition. Once he moves up and he's not the big fish in a little pond, the skill set he is using won't be enough to keep the production up.

My only thought though is that if he can be solid defensively, he could at the very least be a solid 4th maybe 3rd liner with the occasional offensive point. But like what was said earlier it may be a good time to sell high at the deadline.

I'm not sure it's a limited skillset, but I'm starting to see that he's getting a lot of his goals and points from finding soft spots in the mid-slot area. Presumably, at the NHL level, that's going to be a lot harder to translate, since he's not necessarily crashing the net hard and NHL defensemen are typically going to lock that area down--but you can't discount his timing and IQ for it, and he's able to touch-shoot the puck as quickly as anyone I've ever seen.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Article with quotes from North Bay Battalion ast coach and Kings Dev Nelson
Emerson.

'Mike ha become an elite goal scorer'
He now has 43 goals, 43 assists, for 5th in OHL scoring and nly 1 goal behind the
OHL goal scoring leader...with some (apx) 15 goals in the last 7 games (something like that) he will lead the OHL in goals.

http://makewayforthekings.net/2016/...adio-you-are-now-seeing-an-elite-goal-scorer/

“Forgotten a little bit is his offensive abilities,” Oulahen said. “Michael, with his hockey sense, is a big contributor to the power play with his ability to find open ice and passing ability to find the open man. Over the course of his Battalion career, he has really worked on his game to become better each and every day. He is a pro in the way he approaches the game and prepares for the game. There are no doubts Michael will be ready for the next step of pro hockey.”

and named OHL player of the week:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/...o-named-pioneer-energy-ohl-player-of-the-week

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Gonna check Amadio out tomorrow night as the Battalion come to Hamilton to play the Dogs. I'll try to piece together a bit of an overview if I get a chance.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Had a chance to see him in person lastnight versus Hamilton. I can't say he stood out or did anything good or bad that was noticeable. North Bay did have a few guys out and I think one of his regular line mates was one of them.

He will need to add some muscle to his frame as he transitions to the pro level. You could see he has a good sense of where to be on the ice as he looks for open space in the offensive zone and seems responsible in the defensive zone.

His skating was alright, could use a little tuning but that is something he can work on.

He played on the power play but I did not see him out on the PK.

I don't want to project if he would be a useful pro player brcuase it was the first time I've seen him live this season. Wouldn't be a fair assessment.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Amadio obviously has played more games than many of the guys up at the top, but a lot of them are top 10 - or even top 5 picks, on teams that have other very strong players.

He might not be at the level of some of the others on the top of that list, but that kind of potential in a 3rd rounder is damn impressive. If he keeps progressing he could be the steal of that draft.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Amadio obviously has played more games than many of the guys up at the top, but a lot of them are top 10 - or even top 5 picks, on teams that have other very strong players.

He might not be at the level of some of the others on the top of that list, but that kind of potential in a 3rd rounder is damn impressive. If he keeps progressing he could be the steal of that draft.

That's what I'm excited about, he's mixed in with a bunch of bluechippers who are getting hyped to all heights while retaining the label of stellar two-way player who knows how to play systematic hockey.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Has anyone taken a look at his thread in the prospects area? It's basically the hangout of our brad doty in there. :laugh:

Talk about under the radar for sure.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
So is he going to spend one more year in the OHL or does he make the jump to the AHL? I can't imagine there's much left for him to do in the O with the season he's having.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So is he going to spend one more year in the OHL or does he make the jump to the AHL? I can't imagine there's much left for him to do in the O with the season he's having.

With our lack of forward prospect depth in the AHL I can't imagine he doesn't go there. Not much left to prove in juniors and North Bay isn't likely a contender for a championship.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Amadio is at 46-46=92. Can he get 50-50=100? He has six games left, including back-to-back-to-back games starting tomorrow.

Also one goal would tie the franchise goal record currently held by one of the coolest NHL names ever Wojtek Wolski.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Time to make the jump. I can't imagine the Kings not signing him and Amadio not at the very least competing for a spot on the Reign next year. The Reign need offensive two-way players. If Dowd makes the jump to the NHL next year, the Reign will struggle with offensive depth, especially at the center position.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

I'd say it's likely he'll sign once his season is done with North Bay. And he'll turn 20 in a few months which means he'll be done with OHL permanently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad