Prospect Info: 3rd Round Kings Pick #90 Center Michael Amadio

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
More then happy to do so.

His IQ definitely works in his favor. Id love to see him spend a summer or three with Gary Roberts to bulk up and improve his speed, explosiveness and everything else that comes with it. The reason the other top 10 scorers end up all on the same team is because the few elite teams stockpile to make a run, and it ends up getting very lopsided. Its why there's so many big swings in successes for the league.

Which was something else that made me wonder, why did no other team try to go after Amadio at the trade deadline? Sure North Bay is going to squeak in now, but he's exactly the type you season those top tier teams adding for the Memorial Cup run.

Do we know that they didn't? It sure sounded like North Bay wanted him more than anything for a playoff run and as a role model

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Which was something else that made me wonder, why did no other team try to go after Amadio at the trade deadline? Sure North Bay is going to squeak in now, but he's exactly the type you season those top tier teams adding for the Memorial Cup run.

"Otten - Was there ever a point this year where you explored or considered the idea of moving Amadio or Wood?

Butler - Yeah, I mean we certainly thought about it. We listened to other teams, but we never got really close to doing anything. After that Liberati deal, we wanted to make a 'hockey trade', with players, not draft picks. And none of the offers out there gave us the chance to make that kind of deal. We felt that our team was young enough and our team was developing. And a guy like Amadio, he wanted to stay. He did not want to leave. At the end of the day we had kids that wanted to be here and that's something we're proud of. We have so many young players and we'll be returning so many players next year too. We sat down and looked at everything and we decided we were in really good shape going forward. We felt like we didn't have to make a move and we were in a great position to help our young players develop."

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/03/q-with-north-bay-battalion-coach-stan.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad