Prospect Info: 3rd Overall Pick. Stutzle vs Byfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
Stützle has been in my top five since before he played a game in the DEL, and I had Stützle as my second-ranked player for parts of the season, but I hope that we get Byfield. I think Byfield is the superior prospect.

Byfield has too much size and skill to pass up on for a player of Stützle's profile. Statistically, Byfield's season is quite a bit better than Stützle's, and the eye-test difference between the two does not cover that gap.

I think Stützle may be getting slightly overrated because he is a flashy player, and many people don't have a strong grasp of how to interpret his season in the DEL.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Who do you guys think is more NHL ready? Byfield or Stutzle?

I personally think Byfield will need another year in juniors, he’s still quite young and that last year of development would do wonders instead of throwing him to the wolves.

Stutzle was pretty good at the world juniors and has been playing against men so I lean more towards him being ready for the NHL next season.

Wonder how much stock this goes into making the pick
Both are playing in the NHL next year

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I originally wanted Stutzle back around the time of the first lottery, but the allure of a huge mutant center is pretty alluring now. All that to say I would be happy with either. Pretty sure LA will take Byfield though, hard to pass up a player like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad