Proposal: #3rd Overall + Galchenyuk for Granlund + Coyle

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Doesn't make sense for either team. If Montreal is willing to move the pick and add Chunky they could get the future #1 centre they need. Example if Washington goes down again to Pittsburgh Backstrom +

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Doesn't make sense for either team. If Montreal is willing to move the pick and add Chunky they could get the future #1 centre they need. Example if Washington goes down again to Pittsburgh Backstrom +
As much as I dislike it for Minnesota, it also seems supremely dumb for Montreal to spend two if its best trade pieces and not get a surefire center back.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Montreal's not giving up both/either those pieces to get wingers.

Both sides say no. Coyle for Galch, maybe....MN can throw in a 3rd.

Pass for Montreal. And it seems dumb for Minny to add salary when they need to re-sign Zucker and Dumba.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The Wild made the playoffs. For them to do this it signals they're blowing it up and rebuilding. In that case, they'd have to start with older players.

Montreal needs to be patient finally. They should take the best player available at #3 and trade Pacioretty for another first and prospect if they can. Don't rush the rebuild.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Didn't Granlund play better on the wing? I wasn't aware they moved him back to center and if that's the case, why would Montreal do that when they need a center?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah...maybe. MTL is hard to figure out, though. Seems that they should be rebuilding, but are re-tooling instead. I think MN should be re-tooling.

Granlund has played wing the past two years. He can play C, but that's not his best position.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Montreal's not giving up both/either those pieces to get wingers.

Pass for Montreal. And it seems dumb for Minny to add salary when they need to re-sign Zucker and Dumba.
Probably right. I think some on this board envision Galch has a chance of being a possible late bloomer like Couterier, and giving MN the offensive punch they can use. I'd say the chances are slim, but possible. Not crazy about trading Coyle after a down season, myself. I like his size and strength when facing teams like WPG.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Probably right. I think some on this board envision Galch has a chance of being a possible late bloomer like Couterier, and giving MN the offensive punch they can use. I'd say the chances are slim, but possible. Not crazy about trading Coyle after a down season, myself. I like his size and strength when facing teams like WPG.

In the right circumstances, I think Galchenyuk can be 60-70 points player, and that's pretty much whst Granlund already is for the Wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad