3rd Line Discussions

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't want to give the impression that I dislike Kerfoot.

I hope he plays well for TOR.

I just don't casually slot him into the 3rd line C position.

Not holding my breath...

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
I don't want to give the impression that I dislike Kerfoot.

I hope he plays well for TOR.

I just don't casually slot him into the 3rd line C position.

Not holding my breath...

Yea and I just got finished checking out the Avs board and what they thought of Kerfoot, it wasn't very positive. In fact there were way more good things to be said about Ceci in the Sens board.
I might have jumped the gun on Kerfoot.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Avs fans are down on Kerfoot because he didn't carry the 2C role like they needed him to. They built him up to be their answer to their horrible depth past the 1st line, and he wasn't (in his first 2 years in the league at least, playing with bad wingers). He's not playing that role here, and he'll have better support while doing it. Anything Avs fans say about Kerfoot should be given very little importance; especially anything said after the trade they very clearly lost.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Kerfoot will be asked to centre the 2nd unit PP and keep up with Kappy and Johnsson on the third line. Chip in the odd goal and don't get scored on. Well within his skill set

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
It will be Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen

I like this a lot for a 3rd line but our 2nd line lw situation leaves a lot to be desired. It doesnt make sense to me to have Johnsson on the 3rd line and put an inferior player on the 2nd line. People are quick to pencil in moore or mikheyev on the second line, neither imo have 2nd line capabilities. I guess because hyman plays in the top 6 they feel these guys are similar. imo hyman is often mismatched and would be better served as a 3rd liner himself.

id like to see something like,

hyman-matthews-nylander
johnsson-tavares-marner
mikheyev-kerfoot-kapanen
moore-spezza - shore/agostino/petan/ gauthier/wilson/etc

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Some pretty clueless people on here.

All we need Kerfoot to do is take on the 3rd/4th line competition that's leftover from Matthews/Tavares taking on the hard stuff.

I remember when we traded for Muzzin and the peanut gallery came out in droves saying he's "Low IQ, past his prime, erratic, etc..." and it turns our our fanbase loves him almost universally. Opposing fans opinions are some of the worst points of evidence you can take into account.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

All we need Kerfoot to do is take on the 3rd/4th line competition that's leftover from Matthews/Tavares taking on the hard stuff.

I remember when we traded for Muzzin and the peanut gallery came out in droves saying he's "Low IQ, past his prime, erratic, etc..." and it turns our our fanbase loves him almost universally. Opposing fans opinions are some of the worst points of evidence you can take into account.

This. And Kerfoot has shown 2 years straight that he can handle that level of competition. Its been when he's been put up against 2nd/1st line competition he's underwhelmed.

Reactions: IPS

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I like this a lot for a 3rd line but our 2nd line lw situation leaves a lot to be desired. It doesnt make sense to me to have Johnsson on the 3rd line and put an inferior player on the 2nd line. People are quick to pencil in moore or mikheyev on the second line, neither imo have 2nd line capabilities. I guess because hyman plays in the top 6 they feel these guys are similar. imo hyman is often mismatched and would be better served as a 3rd liner himself.

id like to see something like,

hyman-matthews-nylander
johnsson-tavares-marner
mikheyev-kerfoot-kapanen
moore-spezza - shore/agostino/petan/ gauthier/wilson/etc

That's about what I'm hoping for, basically 2 first lines and 2 third lines.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

Oh great. Tell me all about him. How many Avs games did you watch in the last couple of years focusing on Kerfoot?

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Oh great. Tell me all about him. How many Avs games did you watch in the last couples years focusing on Kerfoot?
Speedy tenacious player who's got some rather impressive playmaking. Susceptible defensively though and you won't see him win too many 50/50 battles along the boards. Which is strange, from what I read about his NCAA days he was pretty good defensively.

We shouldn't need him to be a defensive stalwart, as long as he can hold his own, win faceoffs and chip in offensively from the 3rd line C slot, I think he'll be alright. This is one player who would likely need heavier wingers to flank him though, he looks kind of physically weak out there.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Speedy tenacious player who's got some rather impressive playmaking. Susceptible defensively though and you won't see him win too many 50/50 battles along the boards. Which is strange, from what I read about his NCAA days he was pretty good defensively.

We shouldn't need him to be a defensive stalwart, as long as he can hold his own, win faceoffs and chip in offensively from the 3rd line C slot, I think he'll be alright. This is one player who would likely need heavier wingers to flank him though, he looks kind of physically weak out there.

With all due respect Kerfoot looks to have more warts than the average NHLer.

Reactions: ZippityDooDa

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
With all due respect Kerfoot looks to have more warts than the average NHLer.
I think you're being overly harsh. Sure he has warts. Most bottom 9 forwards have some warts. At the end of the day though, he's good for 35+points, which is all we need when we have 2 of the top 10 centers in the league playing above him.

Kerfoot is by no means my dream 3c. But he won't be the issue this season either.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Still on the Kerfoot is terrible train. I just need to know why waiting to see how he performs in this lineup is so hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad