Confirmed with Link: 3rd Jersey Debut 11/1/18

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The initial reviews aren't great, but maybe this will be the Gritty of 3rd jerseys.

Reactions: Quicklime

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
BTW, I think these things will be pretty nice from the back and sides. I'm not sure I'm sold on the front view but will give it a chance to see it on the players.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
The initial reviews aren't great, but maybe this will be the Gritty of 3rd jerseys.
Gritty is an Internet sensation because he's so atrocious, and the Flyers are laughing all the way to the bank. These are just run-of-the-mill crappy and generally forgettable, typical of most things associated with the Isles.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
BTW, I think these things will be pretty nice from the back and sides. I'm not sure I'm sold on the front view but will give it a chance to see it on the players.
If the Pens get Nick Leddy caught defending some 2 on 1’s you’ll see plenty of him side view.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm surprised they haven't released a single image of a player wearing it yet.

Reactions: SI90

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Gritty is an Internet sensation because he's so atrocious, and the Flyers are laughing all the way to the bank. These are just run-of-the-mill crappy and generally forgettable, typical of most things associated with the Isles.

Speaking of mascots, I thought Sparky got canned. But I thought I saw him during the last home game?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
We need something that says Long Island. We need a clam, or an oyster

I can see it now. As the Islanders yearly tradition of visiting elementary schools continues in 2018/2019 , Louie Lam The Giant Clam and Thomas Hickey will be at Parkway Elementary in Plainview on Friday. Wear your Islanders gear that day kids and have you picture taken with the worlds largest clam.

And Thomas Hickey.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I can see it now. As the Islanders yearly tradition of visiting elementary schools continues in 2018/2019 , Louie Lam The Giant Clam and Thomas Hickey will be at Parkway Elementary in Plainview on Friday. Wear your Islanders gear that day kids and have you picture taken with the worlds largest clam.

And Thomas Hickey.

Keep it simple. Sam the Clam.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
They could combine a tribute to LI's mollusk industry and Nassau County's corrupt political history:

Clamato

It would be a clam that peddles influence for profit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad