Value of: 3OA + Galchenyuk

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
What in the world does one need to do to be considered as a "quality" forward if 50 points is not enough?

not be on the ice for twice as many goals against while getting that 50pts ?
at least being able to match a bottom 6 forward like paul byron in goals?

habs fans have made it clear they dont wanna part with quality forward alex galchenyuk in a ROR deal.
who needs a 60+pt 2 way C anyways? as one habs fan pointed out, he is ALREADY 27! (3 months ago)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Chucky is absolutely a quality young forward, 50 pts on one of the worst teams in the league while getting 3rd line minutes most of the year is very good. He's -34 for his career, the whole team sucked this past year and you're judging him on plus minus? If the coach ever pulled his head out of the GMs ass and gave him a shot at C you'd even see better numbers

I dont see him as a C and i dont think the habs do either. they need a quality C to insulate these young forwards like chucky,gally,drouin, zadina?, etc

would habs fans do patches for carter straight up?

Drouin-Carter-Gally
Chucky-Danault-Zadina

thats a BIG improvement. still need another top 6 C in an ideal world though

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

habs fans have made it clear they dont wanna part with quality forward alex galchenyuk in a ROR deal.
who needs a 60+pt 2 way C anyways? as one habs fan pointed out, he is ALREADY 27! (3 months ago)

I'd give up Galchenyuk for ROR but that does not make him not a quality forward. It's like you're blaming him for the goals we let in when he's on the ice which is absolutely ridiculous especially considering he's a winger with minimal defensive assignments (because you're right, his defensive play is lousy).

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I dont see him as a C and i dont think the habs do either. they need a quality C to insulate these young forwards like chucky,gally,drouin, zadina?, etc

Drouin-Carter-Gally
Chucky-Danault-Zadina

Would much rather trade Patches for futures and look for other solutions than Carter to fix our centre problem.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Panthers give up something like Bjugstad + 15OA + Mascherin?

That's a bad return for 3 OA. Wing prospect (Habs already have an abundance of good wings) who doesn't want to sign and a 2-3 line center doesn't make up the huge gap between 3 OA and 15 OA. Panthers need to give up a higher quality piece if they want 3 OA.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Drouin-Carter-Gally
Chucky-Danault-Zadina

Gally? Brendan Gallagher needs insulation??? Yeah, I don't think so. I'm comfortable having him on the ice against anyone in any situation. He's still such a dominant player playing with mediocre centers (mostly Plekanec).

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Habs probably don't need a "top 6" or 2nd line center. A year from now, Poehling and Danault can fill in nicely as 2/3 C. Veleno doesn't have the offensive upside to be a 1C.

I wouldn’t jump the gun so quickly on Veleno. Just looking at his stats it’s hard to see him as a future #1 C, but if you look at how he played with Drummondville this year you see a player with a lot of skill. Think it’s too early to write him off as not skilled enough to play 1C, but I do see him as more as a solid #2z Kotkaniemi looks like his ceiling may be higher.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010

Yes we would,we just wouldn’t add the 3rd overall pick because that’s an overpayment.

Galchenyuk+ for Ryan O’Reilly is fair but we need to agree what that plus + is, assuming Buffalo is interested in Galchenyuk.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I wouldn’t jump the gun so quickly on Veleno. Just looking at his stats it’s hard to see him as a future #1 C, but if you look at how he played with Drummondville this year you see a player with a lot of skill. Think it’s too early to write him off as not skilled enough to play 1C, but I do see him as more as a solid #2z Kotkaniemi looks like his ceiling may be higher.

I'm going mostly off the scouting reports I've seen than off stats. It sounds like Veleno doesn't really do anything especially creative with the puck and makes fairly simple offensive plays.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
In true Bergevin fashion, 3rd overall + Galchenyuk for Toews +

After this trade, Bergevin, in his press conference, mentions that the Habs now have the same core (Price, Weber and Toews) that lead Canada to Olympic Gold in 2010 and 2014.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
carter is the same age as weber. interesting to hear habs fans talk like he is ancient but weber has a lot let in the tank...especially considering carter had 32g/66pts 2 years ago and had a 40g/67pt pace this past season

for the record i think the habs need to keep the pick and rebuild, but thats not what this thread is about obviously

Doesn't matter if the Habs need to rebuild or not you still can't keep trading young assets for players into their 30's. If Carter were 27 years old it would be a different story but trading a 3rd overall + a 24 year old Galchenyuk who along with Gallagher was probably the Habs best player last season would be a very bad move in this deal IMO. The Leafs tried that strategy years ago with bringing in older players and where did that get them. I'd rather re-sign Pacioretty than trade the 3rd overall + Galchenyuk for Carter + 20th overall and I want Pacioretty gone ASAP.

Who knows how much Weber has left in the tank. All I know is his value on HF is considered a lot less than what you're valuing Carter in this thread.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
The only ones who value RNH this high are Oilers fans.
The rest see him for what he is.
Overpayed 2nd line C.... not what the Habs need.
Trade him elsewhere because he isn’t a fit or a need or a want in Montreal.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Its starting to get funny on this site. The Habs needs a few top centers pretty badly and i am sure they will overpay to get them but its laughable some of the lowball offers here.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad