News Article: ~$3m cap increase in 15'-16' from TV deal

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Oddly capgeek doesnt seem to have the copy/paste function anymore... wtf is that...

Anyway at $71m, if the Sharks dump or buyout Havlat, they should have over $6.5m in cap space next year with a 23 man roster, and that still leaves us with an issue of finding space for call ups next year (like Nieto) so we are just fine. Hell if the Sharks can move Havlat they can pretty much afford whoever they want this year to shore up the D.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Oddly capgeek doesnt seem to have the copy/paste function anymore... wtf is that...

What are you trying to do?

I just copied and pasted a quick next year roster no problem.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS
Tomas Hertl ($0.925m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Brent Burns ($5.760m)
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Logan Couture ($6.000m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Tommy Wingels ($0.893m) / Joe Pavelski ($6.000m) / Raffi Torres ($2.000m)
Adam Burish ($1.850m) / Andrew Desjardins ($0.750m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.350m)
Matt Nieto ($0.759m) / Freddie Hamilton ($0.627m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($4.250m) / Brad Stuart ($3.600m)
Justin Braun ($1.250m) / Jason Demers ($2.500m)
Dan Boyle ($5.000m) / Scott Hannan ($1.000m)
Matt Irwin ($1.000m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m)
Alex Stalock ($0.688m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $70,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,900,833; BONUSES: $842,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $99,167

Last edited:

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
irregardless:naughty: of the length, JT will still be the highest paid Shark with his next deal. If he continues to play with Burns,Hertl and keeps his good health,he skates another 4yrs and amasses huge numbers:yo: at a great price:nod:
Will he sign another 3yr deal as he always has? I think he breaks the mold and signs for 4yrs/26mil. 7-7-6-6.He is still the highest paid Shark(as he should be). When this contract expires in 4 yrs, I can see him pulling a Lindstrom and taking 1yr deals to finish his career.
I would also tend to think Marleau gets a similar deal.

At this point, there is a three way tie for best player on this team between Couture, Marleau, and Thornton. Thornton has slightly better numbers but Marleau and Couture both take on more responsibility and don't have a significant drop in production in comparison. Couture took 6 mil and it's obvious he is going to be the better one than the other two sooner rather than later. Thornton also is making 6 mil this season. I don't see any justifiable reason for that number to increase at this point. Both should come in at 6 mil if DW negotiates it properly.[/QUOTE]

Well it wasn't a 4yr deal but the $$ is spot on :p:

So in your mind did DW do a poor job with these 3 yr deals??

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Poor is relative. It's not some steal like people are making it out to be but he could've done worse. And your number was below the actual number as well, not spot on.

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Poor is relative. It's not some steal like people are making it out to be but he could've done worse. And your number was below the actual number as well, not spot on.

saying JT and Marleau should and will still be paid as our top dogs is not spot on?:amazed:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
At this point, there is a three way tie for best player on this team between Couture, Marleau, and Thornton. Thornton has slightly better numbers but Marleau and Couture both take on more responsibility and don't have a significant drop in production in comparison. Couture took 6 mil and it's obvious he is going to be the better one than the other two sooner rather than later. Thornton also is making 6 mil this season. I don't see any justifiable reason for that number to increase at this point. Both should come in at 6 mil if DW negotiates it properly.[/QUOTE]

saying JT and Marleau should and will still be paid as our top dogs is not spot on?:amazed:

Moving the goalposts around as usual. You claimed to be 'spot on' about the $$. PF pointed out you were not, in fact, spot on about the $$. Now you claim you were spot on about them still being the highest paid (which MANY people also agreed with, in fact it looked like the majority of people thought that...) which was not your original statement.

Aside from all that, gloating is obnoxious and your prediction was nothing special anyway. If you make a post like that expect to not receive a terribly warm response. I've nailed a few predictions in my time and I try to only bring it up when it is extremely relevant to an ongoing conversation. Even so, I'm wrong far more than I'm right, which is why getting one hear and there is nothing special.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad