Value of: 3C to Buffalo

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Botterill has said numerous times the 1sts only move for a young player with term. Faksa would be an ideal candidate of that. But I would be all for a Bozak type as well.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Is Mattias Janmark a pure C in Dallas or his he playing the wing mostly?

We have a bunch of centers so he has been playing wing almost exclusively this season.

Can we interest you in a package of him or maybe perhaps a slightly used Martin Hanzal?

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
Kevin Hayes is a great 2C if you guys wanna ease Mittelstadt in and not make him play 2C

1st+Laaksonen?
Why would the Sabres trade a 1st and a promising prospect for a rental? A rental that will likely walk or get paid something absolutely absurd because he's a competent top 6 C in the UFA market.

Sabres aren't a cup contender, trading 1sts and young players for a 50 point rental is a terrible idea.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kevin Hayes is a great 2C if you guys wanna ease Mittelstadt in and not make him play 2C

1st+Laaksonen?

solid value, but Hayes has Chapman walk factor and Sabes need a solution which is not a pure rental

Lias Andersson, Staal at half
for StL 1st as is w/conditions as they are +Laaksonen + Molson

helps both teams
Buf gets foundation piece now, based on 7OA value
IF Blues miss top 10 protected, best value this pick can be this year is 11OA, then you need to select correct guy and develop

Rangers take pick and prospect
do a side deal w/St L for return of their pick

Staal at half = tons of experience to mentor Dahlin, accelerate his status even further
then can flip at half AGAIN or buy out, very cheap
either way helps w/cap for Sabes both now and later
helps create space at LD for downstaters

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
solid value, but Hayes has Chapman walk factor and Sabes need a solution which is not a pure rental

helps both teams
IF Blues miss top 10 protected, best value this pick can be this year is 11OA, then you need to select correct guy and develop

Staal at half = tons of experience to mentor Dahlin, accelerate his status even further
I'll take my chances that I can get a better player than Andersson with that 1st round pick. Staal is overpaid garbage (even at half price) and he has multiple years left on his deal. Laaksonen looks like a good prospect. It wouldn't shock me at all to see him stand out at the WJC.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
What happened with Girgensons and Larsson?

Larsson is a great 4C, Girgs is a winger. Neither of them has the finish to play on a line you're expecting to score with any regularity (and you need your middle 6 lines to chip in offensively).

Reactions: Tripod

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

helps both teams

How does this help Buffalo with cap? Moulsons deal is done and Staal has two more years. Stop trying to dump your crappy contracts on Buffalo and act like you're doing them a favor.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sabres do have picks to dangle. But I would not want to disrupt the chemistry of this team too much with a block buster. Perhaps a 2nd rd pick to the Blues for Bozak with 750K retained would be a deal I explore. Would fill the Sabres need for a good face off man. Fits the bill as a 3rd line C if St Louis agrees to retain.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Wrong, even as a rental likely to walk

The difference between 5-12 in the conference is just 6 points after factoring in games in hand.

Teams are likely to still be close come deadline. Teams in clise battles don’t trade 1sts outright unless there are conditions in it such as playoff advancement or resigning.

That isn’t getting a 1st outright.

Teams trading 1sts are outright playoff teams who feel they really can win the cup this year. None of those teams need a 2C.

It’s already been established that

1 buffalo isn’t in the rental market
and
2 they aren’t trading 1sts they acquired
Andl
3. They don’t need your cap dumps or any teams cap dumps.

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
Chris Tierney for Scandella? Is that far off?
I'd be very down for this. I think Dahlin/McCabe/Pilut/Beaulieu is a good enough group of NHL ready/proven lefties to be able to part with Scandella, Tierney would really give us a jolt in the middle six, and is young enough to be a player of high value and impact for the Sabres for the considerable future.

What's the likelihood of the Sens moving Tierney? I imagine the Sens have a big of a log jam at C with Pageu coming back, White and Brown emerging and Duchene hopefully staying. Idk, I'd really like this move for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00