Value of: 3C to Buffalo

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
We need a guy who can play some of those middle-6 minutes, adds bit of scoring, and not be a sieve defensively...

Any teams with anyone available? And what would be the cost?

This could be towards the deadline, but would be even more likely to happen in the off-season.

Also, probably would want a guy with some term left. Botterill has stated they don’t plan on making moves for guys with expiring contracts (at least UFA’s) as he sees them as more than 1 piece away from being a legit contender (and he’s definitely correct in that regard).

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Reinhart plays 2C, Mitts plays 3C

It’s unlikely...

1) Eichel talked before the season started about Reinhart and how he got comfortable on the wing last year and felt that’s part of why he flourished in the 2nd half of last season.

2) The organization doesn’t seem to think Reinhart is a center.

3) if they’re not going to play him at center, then one would assume they’re looking for a more permanent addition as opposed to sliding Reinhart in the middle.

*Again, I’m not saying you’re incorrect on what they SHOULD do. I’m just saying it’s not what they WOULD do.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
What would you offer for Radek Faksa?

How’s his skating? Haven’t seen him play in a while. Buffalo is a team predicated in skating.

But if he can reasonably skate, maybe something around Scandella+?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Kahun for a 1st at the deadline. (Hartman price)

Kahun for a 1st?

He’s ubdrafted, playing the wing currently, and has only been in he league for about 30games and is scoring at a 30pt clip for the season.

Try a swap for Evan Rodrigues, Maybe.

Not trying to be a jerk, I just don’t see how a player like that could warrant a 1st Round Draft Pick.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
JT Miller will be available in the summer but he’s a top six player on all but a few teams and faceoff ability aside he’s much better suited to the wing than to center. In addition there have been discussions with Sabres fans in the past and the conclusion seems to be that other teams will likely have better pieces to offer in return. Still, he’s theoretically an option.

Reactions: CaptPantalones

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
JT Miller will be available in the summer but he’s a top six player on all but a few teams and faceoff ability aside he’s much better suited to the wing than to center. In addition there have been discussions with Sabres fans in the past and the conclusion seems to be that other teams will likely have better pieces to offer in return. Still, he’s theoretically an option.

Yea he could be a solid option but like you said, he seems more suited to the wing & I would assume some other clubs make better offers.

Also being within the division and both on the same trajectory (towards the top of the division for the next few years), I don’t think they’d be too keen on dealing with one another.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How’s his skating? Haven’t seen him play in a while. Buffalo is a team predicated in skating.

But if he can reasonably skate, maybe something around Scandella+?

He's not the fastest skater but he's not really slow either. Kinda average really but he's just your typical 3C. Dickinson would probably be a better fit for yall since he's basically just as good defensively, a faster skater, and better offensively but he's likely not going anywhere.

Is Scandella a RHD?

Really even if not Nill would probably have interest despite Scandella not having a great season. Could be a good D-partner for Heiskanen who could move to the right side if needed with Johns and Methot out long term

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
He's not the fastest skater but he's not really slow either. Kinda average really but he's just your typical 3C. Dickinson would probably be a better fit for yall since he's basically just as good defensively, a faster skater, and better offensively but he's likely not going anywhere.

Is Scandella a RHD?

Really even if not Nill would probably have interest despite Scandella not having a great season. Could be a good D-partner for Heiskanen who could move to the right side if needed

Scandella is a lefty. But I believe he’s played on both sides throughout his career.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I haven't seen much of Buf at all this year who is theor current 2? Mittlestat?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Yea he could be a solid option but like you said, he seems more suited to the wing & I would assume some other clubs make better offers.

Also being within the division and both on the same trajectory (towards the top of the division for the next few years), I don’t think they’d be too keen on dealing with one another.

Yeah, you’re right that we’d probably prefer to deal Miller out of the division, if not out of the conference - especially since we’ll likely be trading him for futures so there won’t be the dual mitigating factors of subtracting from the other team’s NHL roster and adding to our own that make a trade within the division more palatable.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Brandon Sutter could be available
Solid defensively, good at FO, can play up if need be
Has a decent contract and still has term
We would want you last 1st in 2019

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
It’s too bad that Pageau is injured because I think he would be absolutely perfect in Buffalo.
I’ve had my eye on him for a bit. I think if they keep Duchene, and look at Tierney, Brown, White, and their other C’s coming up, he could be available.

He’s the type of player I want.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Rask could be had from Carolina. Depends on if we are out of it or not though. We don’t really need futures but don’t know what Bud could give up off the roster that would make sense.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I haven't seen much of Buf at all this year who is theor current 2? Mittlestat?

Yep, Middlestat is currently Buffalo's 2c. He's doing ok, but he really could of used a year of playing an easier roll at the Pro level before being tossed in at the 2c spot.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kevin Hayes is a great 2C if you guys wanna ease Mittelstadt in and not make him play 2C

1st+Laaksonen?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2