Value of: 3C to Buffalo

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Chris Tierney for Scandella? Is that far off?
As a Sabres fan I’d do it.

Is it something the Sens would do though?

Tierney is young, has looked good in his time in Ottawa, and is still an RFA after this season.

Scandella is older and has one year remaining before becoming an RFA. I’d assume Ottawa is trying to trade mostly for picks and prospects.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Scandella for Coyle?

He was a solid top 4 for Minnesota and Coyle seems to have fallen out of favour.

Opens the opportunity for Minny to move Brodin or Spurgeon for a better top 6 center

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Branson Sutter is a great 3C and has term. Slightly overpaid. If I'm Benning I ship him to buffalo for a pick and/or prospect.

madpooh

May 30, 2007
Would Scott Laughton be available from Phi. I think he would work as a 3rd line center.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I like Bozak the most out of those options, but admittedly don't watch enough games to really back that preference.

I know a lot of us Sabres fans are down on Scandella, but you buy low sell high- his value is down right now, so don't sell. Serviceable d-men are always good to have, I'd rather part with a pick or two.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Scandella for Coyle?

He was a solid top 4 for Minnesota and Coyle seems to have fallen out of favour.

Opens the opportunity for Minny to move Brodin or Spurgeon for a better top 6 center
I like Scandella and think he would probably work okay on the Wild's second pairing, but his performance this year and injury history worry me. Even if Minnesota traded a defenseman for a center upgrade, I don't think they'd bite on Coyle for Scandella unless there was a substantial add. Seeler brings a lot of what we lost in Scandella for about 1/5 the price, and we've got defense prospects in Iowa that will be pushing for a spot as early as next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad