Post-Game Talk: #39| FLYERS at Devils | Sat., Jan. 3, 2015 |

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This is hard but embrace it we need a difference maker up front and thats only going to happen in the draft with a top pick. Clear some older guys and start building with a new coach. This team has a great nucleus one more difference maker up front and one anchor on defence and were a contender (hard to believe but its true). Morin,Ghost are coming on the back end and G,Voracek,Laughton,Couts,Simmer,Schenn,Raffl and Read are all good players with the right coach. Mason can be a stud. Hexy has the tools to improve quickly especially if we tank. Its up to him to deliver from this mess homer created

Provided we can get an acceptable coach, all the D prospects develop well, and we can retain our forward core (and hopefully ditch Lecavalier or at least improve the fourth line). Plus have all three of those things happening at once down the line.

I wouldn't be so sure about having a top pick. The level of suck this year is very strong and unbelievable really. Plus who knows if Berube gets fired and we rebound. We should definitely get a great prospect though even with just a top five or top six pick.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
remember when hexy told media no one would be talking about mcdavid or eichel in two weeks about a month ago? LOL

Well, in fairness to Hexy, he's right. We're talking about Hanifan, Strome and Marner. LOL!

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Is it maybe worth thinking about selling high on Simmonds?

He strikes me more and more as a heart-and-soul, gritty guy... who doesn't really have much to offer in ES situations beyond the intangibles.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
This isn't just flyers fans being irrational someone upstairs sees that Berube is a cement head and thinks he has to go, there is no way it's just us, he's ****ing terrible this guy should never ever have an NHL head coaching job. He lacks everything it takes to be a solid NHL coach, first being his head is filled with cement and bone resin.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Is it maybe worth thinking about selling high on Simmonds?

He strikes me more and more as a heart-and-soul, gritty guy... who doesn't really have much to offer in ES situations beyond the intangibles.

Every player would have their price if it were up to me. This team needs an overhaul.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
If we tank for a draft pick, we should fold up the tent and lose our franchise, what crap. Get rid of this loser coach and get the real thing, NOW. If we finish with a good draft pick because we are really that bad, so be it. But we're not that bad, our coaching staff sucks. Berube was a lousy asst coach and is a worse HC, Lappy never coached until now, and Murphy couldn't win when he coached, losers the whole group. We've managed to fire the two best coaches we had in the last 15 years yet we hold on to these amateurs.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
This isn't just flyers fans being irrational someone upstairs sees that Berube is a cement head and thinks he has to go, there is no way it's just us, he's ****ing terrible this guy should never ever have an NHL head coaching job. He lacks everything it takes to be a solid NHL coach, first being his head is filled with cement and bone resin.

People wanted Laviolette fired in the off-season, they kept him for training camp and three games then fired him. Some people wanted Berube gone (or to at least search for better options) this past summer and he's been awful this whole season yet is still here. Either you have way too much faith in management because they don't believe/see that yet or they're keeping him because it's the middle of the season and there's no way we're a contender right now.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Yea, we're probably stuck with Berube for the rest of the season... It is correct - do it now, and who do you get?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Man, these post game threads used to be active. They are dead. Almost an hour since the last post and no responses. Guess everyone is just so fed up

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
In a deep field, these were the two worst games of the season IMO.

Jones pointed out on the broadcast - correctly, I think - that as bad as today was, they were worse in Carolina.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Of the 5 teams lower than the Flyers in the standings, Eakins and DeBoer have already been let go, Carolina just brought Peters on this past off-season, Buffalo probably wouldn't fire Nolan because the intent was pretty obvious to finish low again, and Tippett is the gem of the lot. I would be very pleased if Hextall was biding his time to see if the Coyotes look to shake up the coaching staff.

For those just above the Flyers, I don't know in how much jeopardy Richards' position is in Columbus; it would be hard to lay blame on him considering the ridiculous amount of injuries the team sustained from the word go. I can't see the Avalanche ditching Roy or the Wild with Yeo or the Stars with Ruff. MacLean has already been let go from Ottawa.

So the best option is Dave Tippett, though I might be inclined to take a chance with Randy Carlyle should he pay for the Leafs' mediocrity.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think it's time to admit the team just sucks, and no coach could save it. Trash is trash, and putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it a dear.

This is actually good, at this point Snider probably told Hextall to tear it down, don't try to patch, pick up some draft picks and move some salary.

It's a two year job, but if you could clear out most of the old defensemen, Umberger and Vinnie, and hopefully at least pick up 2nd to 4th rd picks, and free up $20M, there's hope for the future.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Man, these post game threads used to be active. They are dead. Almost an hour since the last post and no responses. Guess everyone is just so fed up

tumblr_kt0wpkDt7w1qzl8duo1_500.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's time to admit the team just sucks, and no coach could save it. Trash is trash, and putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it a dear.

This is actually good, at this point Snider probably told Hextall to tear it down, don't try to patch, pick up some draft picks and move some salary.

It's a two year job, but if you could clear out most of the old defensemen, Umberger and Vinnie, and hopefully at least pick up 2nd to 4th rd picks, and free up $20M, there's hope for the future.

Ed Snider turns 82 on Tuesday. He assuredly did not tell Ron Hextall to tear anything down. If Ron Hextall's plan is anything but trying to win the Cup in a given season, Snider is not privy to it because that's not what he wants to hear. He is desperate to win the Cup one more time before he dies.

Larry44

Mar 1, 2002

Sorry, got distracted looking up 2015 draft scouting reports....

Larry44

Mar 1, 2002
Of the 5 teams lower than the Flyers in the standings, Eakins and DeBoer have already been let go, Carolina just brought Peters on this past off-season, Buffalo probably wouldn't fire Nolan because the intent was pretty obvious to finish low again, and Tippett is the gem of the lot. I would be very pleased if Hextall was biding his time to see if the Coyotes look to shake up the coaching staff.

For those just above the Flyers, I don't know in how much jeopardy Richards' position is in Columbus; it would be hard to lay blame on him considering the ridiculous amount of injuries the team sustained from the word go. I can't see the Avalanche ditching Roy or the Wild with Yeo or the Stars with Ruff. MacLean has already been let go from Ottawa.

So the best option is Dave Tippett, though I might be inclined to take a chance with Randy Carlyle should he pay for the Leafs' mediocrity.

Don't want Tippett or Carlyle. Tippett crushes the creativity out of his players. It is going to cost him his job and we don't need that around G and JV. Carlyle is just a doof. They need to go out and find a gem of a coach who can coach kids too. Find the next Keenan instead of settling for Terry Murray again.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Missed this one, but it sounds like they put up quite a fight and just came up short. Valiant effort.

At least Vinny scored. :)

On a serious note, was Laughton scratched for Rinaldo? Or is Laughton injured?

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

Not necessarily fed up, I just don't always like the negativity. It's certainly not unwarranted, but I don't see the point in subjecting myself to it. Especially if I'm already bummed out about a loss.

It's just been a brutal week of hockey. Not only are we losing in convincing fashion, the things that I find enjoyable in a season like this, like Couturier's development, Giroux, Voracek, Mason, are all going very poorly. Hextall and Berube come out and say that they might have ruined Couturer's offense, Giroux narrowly avoids what could have possibly been a career altering injury, Voracek has like, 1 assist in the last 3 games, and well, I've hardly even noticed Mason with what else has been going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad