Post-Game Talk: #39| FLYERS at Devils | Sat., Jan. 3, 2015 |

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I'd rather watch them lose a game like this one than the game in Carolina. At least somebody got that ass beat.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
VDV with 14:53 of icetime? This has to be a joke right?
After Berube gets fired, I would be really shocked if he ever gets to coach an NHL team again.

to be fair. we were down one forward. and 4 forwards were in the box for extended time because of fights.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Problem is that we still aren´t. We may have lost against Carolina and New Jersey, but those two teams are still better at tanking than we are. And this gap will only get larger when heading towards season´s end.

And then there is still Edmonton...

If Giroux, Voracek and Mason would be out for the rest of the season things might be different. But right now it´s mostly due to our bonehead coach that we aren´t a playoff bubble team...

All we need to be is inside the bottom 5, that gives us a fighting chance.

I'd love it if Edmonton don't get a top 3 pick whilst finishing bottom, frankly they don't deserve one.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don't want Tippett or Carlyle. Tippett crushes the creativity out of his players. It is going to cost him his job and we don't need that around G and JV. Carlyle is just a doof. They need to go out and find a gem of a coach who can coach kids too. Find the next Keenan instead of settling for Terry Murray again.

Tippett gets decent production out of a trash roster every year. It's not like he took a star-studded lineup and tried to reduce them to a defense first team. He has no fire power and really hasn't had it since he's been there, yet the Coyotes have been competitive for most of his tenure, despite being in the same Division as Anaheim, San Jose, and Los Angeles.

37-30-15 in 2013-2014
21-18-3 in 2012-2013
42-27-3 in 2011-2012 and a trip to Western Conference Finals
43-26-7 in 2010-2011
50-25-1 in 2009-2010

Sign me up for Tippett.

My other choice from the guys we know about, would be Guy Boucher. No interest in Bylsma.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
to be fair. we were down one forward. and 4 forwards were in the box for extended time because of fights.

He still played too much, but to be fair that line at least played with effort. None of the other lines did.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Tippett would interest me (assuming he's let go at some point). As far as NHL retreads go, Boucher is worth a try I guess. That's only if we're sticking to NHL retreads though.

Hell no to Carlyle by the way. With his time with both the Ducks and the Leafs, his teams possession numbers nose-dive with him coaching then rebound once he's fired. Aside from one shortened season, the Leafs haven't made the playoffs with him. Hell, last year his Leafs literally set an NHL record for shots against in a season and to this day his team is getting outshot almost two to one on the regular. That is not a coach I want. His only NHL success came with an absolutely stacked Ducks team and once that team was no longer stacked they fired him too.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
All we need to be is inside the bottom 5, that gives us a fighting chance.

I'd love it if Edmonton don't get a top 3 pick whilst finishing bottom, frankly they don't deserve one.

We aren´t gonna win the lottery:

If it´s rigged, the winner will be Arizona (or Carolina)

If it´s not rigged, the winner will be Edmonton, so that the hockey gods can have a look at HF and **** themselves laughing :laugh:
(Seriously though our chance to pick at 1 is about going to be between 1 and 6%

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Chris Therien blaming a goal on Del Zotto instead of Grossmann tells me one thing and only one thing.

This organization is so corrupt it will never recover.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We aren´t gonna win the lottery:

If it´s rigged, the winner will be Arizona (or Carolina)

If it´s not rigged, the winner will be Edmonton, so that the hockey gods can have a look at HF and **** themselves laughing :laugh:
(Seriously though our chance to pick at 1 is about going to be between 1 and 6%

I have a source that says it'll be rigged for the Flyers so the NHL can market Crosby/Malkin vs Giroux/McDavid. (e3)

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Chris Therien blaming a goal on Del Zotto instead of Grossmann tells me one thing and only one thing.

This organization is so corrupt it will never recover.

What goal? MDZ has been pretty brutal at times, he's certainly deserved his share of criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad