GDT: #39|Canadiens vs. Penguins|7PM|CEC|TVA,CITY,ROOT|WINGERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
:habs vs. :pens

consolEnergyCenter_rev_main.jpg

Game #39
TVA, CITY, ROOT
January 3rd, 2015; 7PM EST
Line-ups
:pens
Perron-Crosby-Downie
Spaling-Malkin-Rust
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Ebbett-Goc-Adams

Ehrhoff-Letang
Harrington-Bortuzzo
Scuderi-Despres

Stats

Expected Goalies

MarcAndreFleury.jpg

Carey%2BPrice.jpg

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
From other thread . . .

Iginla and Morrow... And I've never seen anything concrete in Neal? On assumption (probably safe)

Although given how the idiot coach handled Iginla vis-a-vis assumptions, maybe not THAT safe.

You know where I stand on Perron. Put him with Sid and Downie. Horny comes back, put Horny in Downie's place and slide Downie down with Geno. Perron is the guy I've envisioned for Sid and Horny all year.

Add a big impact guy to play with Geno and Downie (then Comeau when he returns, sliding Downie to L4 unless he and Geno really are clicking).

Two dominant lines for the playoffs. A third scoring line. Profit.

Only thing I don't want is Spaling anywhere near Malkin. I love Farnham, but if the choice is between seeing him for 4 minutes a game or Spaling instead of Ebbett with Malkin, it's bye-bye Bobby.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
From other thread . . .

Although given how the idiot coach handled Iginla vis-a-vis assumptions, maybe not THAT safe.

You know where I stand on Perron. Put him with Sid and Downie. Horny comes back, put Horny in Downie's place and slide Downie down with Geno. Perron is the guy I've envisioned for Sid and Horny all year.

Add a big impact guy to play with Geno and Downie (then Comeau when he returns, sliding Downie to L4 unless he and Geno really are clicking).

Two dominant lines for the playoffs. A third scoring line. Profit.

Only thing I don't want is Spaling anywhere near Malkin. I love Farnham, but if the choice is between seeing him for 4 minutes a game or Spaling instead of Ebbett with Malkin, it's bye-bye Bobby.

Perron and Hornqvist on one line is probably overkill;) would prefer Comeau with Geno and Downie in bottom six, too

penguins2946*

Hopefully we run with a group tonight of:

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Spaling-Malkin-Rust
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Ebbett-Goc-Adams

That basically sets up the 1st and 3rd line to what we should be targeting for the playoffs, and we could just give Malkin Horny and Comeau once they get healthy until they bring in someone else. We can't give Sid both Horny and Perron if Kunitz is on the 3rd line.

GarrettC

Feb 1, 2009
I agree with the above but Horny and Geno haven't looked great together. If it takes dealing Maatta to get another top 6 to play with Geno it has to be done.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I normally trust Renaud, but how would he know?

Perron probably told him.

Anything involving a French speaking player or a French speaking agent gets broken by either him or Lebrun. Usually Lavoie.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Hopefully Bennett continues this tear and he can be tried with Geno.

Lights

Midnight Machines
Feb 26, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I got tickets for this game a few weeks ago before the Steelers clinched their playoff spot.

I'm pretty excited to see Perron. I got lucky that he's in the line-up...This is probably the only game I'll go to this season :)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Perron and Hornqvist on one line is probably overkill;) would prefer Comeau with Geno and Downie in bottom six, too

Yeah, I know, I'm crazy . . . heaven forbid we have lines where the gap between Sid and Geno and their peers actually is larger than the gap between their respective linemates. :laugh:

By the way, there is a scenario where I'd put Perron and Horny with Geno and Comeau in the bottom six . . . if we added Kane, in which case I'd put him and Downie with Sid and think to myself 'I'd hate to be Marc Staal the first time he cross checks Sid to the back of the neck'. :naughty:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hopefully we run with a group tonight of:

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Spaling-Malkin-Rust
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Ebbett-Goc-Adams

That basically sets up the 1st and 3rd line to what we should be targeting for the playoffs, and we could just give Malkin Horny and Comeau once they get healthy until they bring in someone else. We can't give Sid both Horny and Perron if Kunitz is on the 3rd line.

God no. I like the first line. I like the third line. But, flip Ebbett and Rust. Spaling is dog **** with Malkin, and the Ebbett and Rust duo worked as a combo with Malkin.

Why break up what worked, although this is exactly what I expect MJ to do.

penguins2946*

God no. I like the first line. I like the third line. But, flip Ebbett and Rust. Spaling is dog **** with Malkin, and the Ebbett and Rust duo worked as a combo with Malkin.

Why break up what worked, although this is exactly what I expect MJ to do.

I really can't see the Ebbett-Malkin-Rust line working, like, ever again. It doesn't really make a difference, that won't be a line for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad