GDT: #38 | FLYERS (H) vs. Bruins (A) | Tuesday, Apr. 6, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | SN360, NBCSP, NESNplus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Seattle 100% could take Braun with the intention of trading him to a contender. Not everyone they will take will be for their roster.

Select him, flip him for a 2nd either in the offseason...or at the deadline. We know how RHD are hard to find.

I do think lots of better players with higher cap hits AND TERM will be passed over unless teams give an "incentive" to take them.

Seattle could take Braun; look at all the dmen Vegas took last time.

Reactions: Tripod

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
They should be able to keep Morin if they want him. It's been an arduous ordeal, but Morin has finally gotten to this point he shouldn't want to disrupt the progress he's finally made by having to start over with a new organization that doesn't know him.
True, he has sweat equity with the Flyers. They know how hard he worked to come back. He'll just be another guy anywhere else. I hope he stays, healthy and a Flyer.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Seattle could take Braun; look at all the dmen Vegas took last time.
especially because if they take...say 10 Dmen....there could be 10 teams looking to trade for him to replace what they lost...lol.

And to some, he would be an upgrade.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think AV mostly sees Hagg for what he is, he just struggles to see Ghost as anything other than a weakling fancy boy, so I don't think it's a given that Hagg dresses when healthy if Morin continues to show that he can hack it. His size and the potential of a soupcon of emotion / intimidation are going to be appealing to hockey guys.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Morin-Hagg 3rd pairing here we go.
I don't think that'll happen either unless they have to. AV seems pretty locked in on RHD playing right side or if they're LHD, having had done it before (Ghost, Gus, Provorov at times). If the ship is steadying, he's not going to want to change the lineup just because either.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Seattle 100% could take Braun with the intention of trading him to a contender. Not everyone they will take will be for their roster.

Select him, flip him for a 2nd either in the offseason...or at the deadline. We know how RHD are hard to find.

I do think lots of better players with higher cap hits AND TERM will be passed over unless teams give an "incentive" to take them.
exactly. trade him now. I don't want to roll this same d next year and its looking like we damn well are. I cant stand another year of braun and hagg in the lineup at the same time.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
exactly. trade him now. I don't want to roll this same d next year and its looking like we damn well are. I cant stand another year of braun and hagg in the lineup at the same time.
We will be keeping Braun because we want to ADD a RHD. Fletch won't willingly go into next year needed 2 RHD.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I hope Jake is reading this. He has had his fair share of, uhm, entertaining presser moments.
Nobody was better in a presser than Pronger. The one time I met him, I told him that no one was better than running a presser than him. He got a huge sly grin, and said, they are fun.

Reactions: Tripod

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I think AV mostly sees Hagg for what he is, he just struggles to see Ghost as anything other than a weakling fancy boy, so I don't think it's a given that Hagg dresses when healthy if Morin continues to show that he can hack it. His size and the potential of a soupcon of emotion / intimidation are going to be appealing to hockey guys.

Exactly what I was thinking. Morin checks the dinosaur "physical/fighter" box with a mile-wide Sharpie. And I'm fine with Morin as a sub-million-dollar 6/7 as long as he can play decent 3rd-pairing defense and switch out with York. Optimally, he stays with Gostisbehere as a Mutt-and-Jeff 3rd pairing once that shiny new 1RD sets up shop.

Reactions: mja

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
We will be keeping Braun because we want to ADD a RHD. Fletch won't willingly go into next year needed 2 RHD.
a bunch of players play on the right side. I would rather have someone better who is a lhd play than braun. Oleksiak, montour, Martinez..would rather we just change this shit up lol

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Big Sam needs to keep his head up though. He’s a target bc of his mean streak and because he retaliates. He has a tendency to put his head down and or hold onto it that second longer. He got lit up by Pasta last night of all people. For a guy with his injury luck, he’ll need to change that about his game and play it smart like Pronger. And yes. I realize he’ll never be Pronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad