Post-Game Talk: #38| FLYERS at Hurricanes | Fri., Jan. 2, 2015

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Woah, just saw the highlights... I can't believe how lucky Giroux is that the cut wasn't more serious.

Dodged a bullet there, but can't be losing to teams like Carolina.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Hextall is the Anti - Homer. He ruins everything by sitting on his hands and watching the house burn.

Different methods, same outcome.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
One year out, get a good pick and come back strong next year. If we can dump Vinny, Umberger and Macdonald along the way then that's just dandy.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I am from the old school and we always taped up our skates that is why it comes up high on the back of your leg. I was used to it.:shakehead
PS So happy it is not bad.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Hextall is the Anti - Homer. He ruins everything by sitting on his hands and watching the house burn.

What's Hextall supposed to do? There's no quick fix out there to be made.

RJ8812*

:facepalm:

"We need to have patience"

"**** THIS! He's doing nothing! SO USELESS!"

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
who? Terry Murray?
Riley Cote?:laugh:
I hate Berube as much as anyone but there is no one out there you can legitimately get.
It depends on whether or not the Flyers are really looking long term. I couldn't stand it when the Flyers were playing his teams but Guy Boucher might be worth a shot. He has a system that wins. Being over in Europe has probably given him a better perspective on coaching since he left Tampa Bay.
Short term, I'd put Murray anchorage after tonight. If this team spends the rest of the season with Berube, they'll be totally demoralized. Its looking more and more like they're just putting in their time on the ice to get the game over with. Murray isn't a bad coach. Some of the players stabbed him in the back in his last stint here. Who knows, the team may gel for him. If they do, maybe he gets kept around for the future. Most importantly, Berube must go now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad