Post-Game Talk: #37 | Wednesday, Dec. 28 | Flyers 3 at Blues 6

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The first line had like 75% of the chances. They did well. Not well enough to win obviously, but can't blame this one on them at all.

Not anshot at Leier at all, but
Schenn G Jake
TK Couts Simmer
Leier Cousins Weise

Has to happen next game

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
First line was OK imo, and Leier was good on that line with his speed and forechecking, even if he needs to try to create a little more offensively. Love 'em but Jake had a horrendous night though. They still did OK, but he was just terrible all game.

Jake had no jump whatsoever. Was skating in quick sand. Must have had dinner at moms over the holiday.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They just like him better than the fans do. If their goal was just to fulfill the ED requirement he'd be playing in a limited role instead of their go to "shutdown" pairing with Provorov.

Yep, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves. This coaching staff is so damn mercurial when it comes to liking and disliking players. It boggles the mind how quickly they change their opinion of someone being crap to indispensable or the other way around.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
The first line had like 75% of the chances. They did well. Not well enough to win obviously, but can't blame this one on them at all.

G and Leier each had zero SOG. Voracek with 3. Not what I would call a real good game and certainly not 75% of the chances.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers still have to play San Jose and Anaheim on the road during this slump. Then Rags at home on the 4th 2017.

Could really make or break us.

They have risen to challenges all season so hopefully they do again.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Their 3rd goal was the key, and it was a bit of a lucky one for the Blues. After that they just dominated.

LOL you pick the one goal macdonald wasnt out there against as the key. The other 4 goals against while he was out there not covering his man and screening mason weren't key at all and had nothing to do with the loss? No more almost as bad as boxcar... You are officially as bad as boxcar.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
G and Leier each had zero SOG. Voracek with 3. Not what I would call a real good game and certainly not 75% of the chances.

They were on ice for 7/18 5v5 scoring chances for. Only 3/20 scoring chances against.

They had a lot of o-zone time. They didn't do a ton of really quality stuff besides cycling, but they were fine.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yep, anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves. This coaching staff is so damn mercurial when it comes to liking and disliking players. It boggles the mind how quickly they change their opinion of someone being crap to indispensable or the other way around.

Right?

Guys go from scratched to top pairing defensemen.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Put Provorov and Gudas together and give us one super-dependable D pair for christ sakes.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Flyers still have to play San Jose and Anaheim on the road during this slump. Then Rags at home on the 4th 2017.
I wouldn't call it a slump yet. They had a great game against Washington. NJ was bad, but tonight they played a pretty good team that's extremely tough to beat at home.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wouldn't call it a slump yet. They had a great game against Washington. NJ was bad, but tonight they played a pretty good team that's extremely tough to beat at home.

1-3-1 in last 5 games. That is a slump.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
They were on ice for 7/18 5v5 scoring chances for. Only 3/20 scoring chances against.

They had a lot of o-zone time. They didn't do a ton besides cycle, but they were fine.

Does that equal 75%?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

They missed the net a bunch but they were the only line with sustained pressure in the offensive zone that had a chance to score. Konecny and Simmonds were good too but other than that the top line was the best at 5v5, even with those shot totals.

By the way, 75% was just an arbitrary number I tossed out, don't get hung up on that. :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Yep. 1st line played fine tonight.

Created most of our chances and outplayed the Blues when they were on ice.

Ofc you would have liked them to get a goal or spur something... but them cannot do it every single night just by law of averages.

PK16

Jul 28, 2013
They missed the net a bunch but they were the only line with sustained pressure in the offensive zone that had a chance to score. Konecny and Simmonds were good too but other than that the top line was the best at 5v5, even with those shot totals.

I thought the Konecny Simmonds Schenn line was better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad