GDT: [#37] New York Islanders at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Comeau out here and in our top 6 cause we need a goal. Lol so this is where we are at now

I was watching Comeau in particular a few shifts earlier. I noticed whenever he has the puck he noticeably has head down looking at it. It's no wonder he's an offensive black hole.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg is awful at defending the empty net. Is he even trying ?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Same shit and excuses every game. The only reason is our forwards are trash and can't score it's really not that hard to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Seguin has become just a really talented grinder. It's crazy to say but I think his defensive game might be better than his offense. He hasn't shown once this season the type of player who can just take over a game offensively.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The defense, team defense and goal tending has been fine.

So what is left then, hmm, maybe the offense sucks balls and we can't transition the puck to save our lives.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seguin has become just a really talented grinder. It's crazy to say but I think his defensive game might be better than his offense. He hasn't shown once this season the type of player who can just take over a game offensively.

I'm sick of him trying to knock the puck off the boards with his stick too when it's coming around like that. NEVER works for him

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The back to back doesn't help but the lack of offense is not due to the back to back.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How can they even use the "run out of gas" excuse? This team can't score no matter what. The effort defensively was fine and they seemed to have energy there. The problem is so obvious it's getting so hard to watch these games and listen to these same excuses. How can they just sit there and send out this same team every game while the same problems just keep happening?

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I think we are getting into a decision time for Nil, sorry Nill. Do we continue to be a sucky mid table team for ever, or do we make some bold moves including trading some beloved assets in order to build for the future. Because there is no "win now" in this squad. Or perhaps it's not Nill that needs to make a decision, but our esteemed owner.......

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
I would also question whether or not the coaching is working, as with the drop off of performance on the ice of some of the players speaks to me of behind the scenes strife. They are just not playing for him, or not listening to him. Or perhaps they ARE listening to him and that's actually the problem. Because something does not seem right in the atmosphere around the team.

Reactions: Elysian

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
It's a boring product plain and simple. I'm glad I don't watch many games. I always care about how the team is doing because it's second nature but come on give us something to get excited about. I hope there's a big change looming because **** has gotta change.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
It's time for someone to get angry. There are options.

1. Players only meeting. Not sure Benn is that kind of guy but someone needs to explode. I picture Spezza being way more capable of that than Benn. I see Seguin as also capable.

2. Monty. Not sure it's his style. Not sure if he'll coach anywhere but Dallas. Just not sure about this guy at all.

3. Nill. LOL. He'd ask for everyone's autograph.

4. Gaglardi. He'd need to come down from his ivory tower in Vancouver. If he cared he'd already be planning Nill's exit.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Monty was visibly not happy with the team and specifically the offensive side of things after tonight's game in his interview.

I hope he has a good talk with Nill about that cause he is clearly not happy with the lineup he has been given when it comes to offense. Tonight, possibly for the first time, he really showed it.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I'm sick of him trying to knock the puck off the boards with his stick too when it's coming around like that. NEVER works for him

My thoughts exactly. He fails to keep so many pucks in trying that. Why doesn't he just pin his body against the wall or use his skate/leg to keep it in?

This team is garbage offensively and needs two more top 6 caliber players.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Man some nights it just does not look like the team gives a shit. When we’re up by one other teams are pouring it on trying to even the game, for us we put on the same pathetic performance in the last ten minutes and let them score an empty netter. At this point I really don’t know what to say about this team. I know we just signed Seguin to an extension, but I just don’t see this team ever getting it done in the post season.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My thoughts exactly. He fails to keep so many pucks in trying that. Why doesn't he just pin his body against the wall or use his skate/leg to keep it in?

This team is garbage offensively and needs two more top 6 caliber players.

It's just such a lazy play from him and I wish the coaches would get onto him about it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Also John Klingberg is really pissing me off right now and I get his "timing" may not be all there and stuff but some of the plays he makes are just ridiculously dumb that even an AHLer wouldn't make. I guess we are so used to watching Heiskanen and his amazing and smart play that we forgot how dumb John can be sometimes. Not going to bother complaining about him though when this team has MUCH more serious issues to worry about with the forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad