GDT: [#37] New York Islanders at Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CST (FS-SW+)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pleaseeee another blowout win against the Islanders is all I want for xmas right now

We are 1-5-0 on the 2nd game of back to backs this season

Reactions: Blindsummit

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Islanders last game of a long roadtrip and Stars on a back to back . This could be a really ugly game with terrible hockey.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Not a fan of Val's new lineeee

At least he's not with Hanzal and Comeau though jeez that's bad

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Every single forward outside the three big guys and maybe Spezza is interchangeable . Noboby else has shown enough for it no be . That Hanzal line worries me a bit . Not sure SHore and Comeau mix very well there.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Every single forward outside the three big guys and maybe Spezza is interchangeable . Noboby else has shown enough for it no be . That Hanzal line worries me a bit . Not sure SHore and Comeau mix very well there.

This team has no chemistry on the ice as it is anyways outside of the top line so we can throw anyone out there and it'll be the same no matter what at this point

Reactions: Smelling Salt

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Back to back wins before the break and winning 3 of the last 4 would be great. Make it happen

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This team has no chemistry on the ice as it is anyways outside of the top line so we can throw anyone out there and it'll be the same no matter what at this point

This lack of chemistry is probably derived from rarely playing with the same players from game to game (or often even shift to shift).

I’ve loved what Monty has done with the defense, but offensively his coaching decisions have been a nightmare with little to no consistency.

It doesn’t help that the team only has three, maybe four (Spezza) reliable scorers. It’s great to have 15 or 16 NHL quality forwards, but as we all noted in the offseason, the lack of scoring depth is killing us. Monty needs to settle down the forwards. Nill needs to add another scorer or two.

All the bitching going on lately has really boiled into those two things, in my opinion. Players are being forced to fill roles that don’t suit their skills - surprise, surprise when they don’t meet expectations. Some are overperforming expectations (Shore, Dickinson), while others aren’t living up to them (Janmark, Nichushkin, Faksa). That’s just the nature of the game.

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man that pass by Heiskanen was just a little off and rolling. Right idea though I like that creativity from him

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I'm unable to watch this one but from the box score it would seem another semi-boring or slightly uninteresting 1st where the Stars get out shot? Seems pretty standard.

JUST WIN!

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->