GDT: #37 – Sabres at Rangers – Tue Jan 3, 7:00PM ET – NBCSN

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I predict it will be boring. :boredom:

EDIT: My prediction looks better - look at this quote from DD today:

“You don’t want to go chance-for-chance with the teams that we’re playing here,” Bylsma said in KeyBank Center. “You don’t want to go offense-for-offense or run-and-gun. You do have to limit what they get by how you play with the puck. That’s a focus for us in the next two games.”

I'd rather lose run and gun than zzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Rangers have an awful defense why would you not want to attack their weakness....my brain

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Why do teams do a morning skate on game day? Why not just let the players sleep as long as they want, and rest up until they get to the arena before the game, then get in a good skate before the game? Seems counter-productive to me.

Apparently thats been the tortorella strategy on this streak.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I predict it will be boring. :boredom:

EDIT: My prediction looks better - look at this quote from DD today:

I'd rather lose run and gun than zzzzzzzzzz

Limit other teams' chances by taking care of the puck better? Where was this thought the previous 36 games...

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Dan Bylsma does something right.

Kane-Reinhart-Bailey. That makes sense. I've always said that Kane and Reinhart belong together. Give Reinhart the speedy, big forwards that can score and let him distribute.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Makes too much sense. The Sabres come out flat all the time, and show little to no emotion for much of the game. Let these guys just chill and relax at home until it's time to show up for the game.

I agree. I heard earlier but forget what commentator or coach talked about it, but apparently it was the Europeans who were notorious for morning skates and they kind of brought it over and it became a regular thing in the NHL as coaches loved having extra on ice time with the players.

Makes sense to rest players, especially as the season goes on. Or like Trots does, have film and other detail oriented sessions after or before the practice the day before to give them more rest time and keep them off the ice. After all, they still have pregame warm ups to get their sticks right, skates, etc.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Is there a way to find out our record in games with the Risto-Gorges pair, versus the games without it?

Based on Bylsma's WGR interview, it sounds as if Risto-McCabe will be paired up for O-zone starts while Gorges-Risto will be the "matchup pair" and get D-zone starts.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I would love to see Baptiste called up to play with Eichel and Okposo.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Based on Bylsma's WGR interview, it sounds as if Risto-McCabe will be paired up for O-zone starts while Gorges-Risto will be the "matchup pair" and get D-zone starts.

So he's taking the hfboard poll results today to heart. We're going to score some goals AND get shelled!

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Wait Gorges isn't missing any time? The guy is harder to get rid of than tuberculosis.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
I would love to see Baptiste called up to play with Eichel and Okposo.

Two right wingers. Think its too much to ask to bring an AHL guy up, put him on the top line and out of position. It might work, but just feels like it could do more harm than good at this point.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Makes too much sense. The Sabres come out flat all the time, and show little to no emotion for much of the game. Let these guys just chill and relax at home until it's time to show up for the game.

The funny thing with Torts doing that is who gave him the most pushback. The players. Torts said they didn't like having their game day routine altered.

I agree with the sentiment of not doing them as much. Though I don't think I'll beat up Disco over that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad