Post-Game Talk: #36 | FLYERS 1 at Blue Jackets 2 (1-0 SO) | Sat., Dec. 23, 2017, 7:00 pm ET

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Was there a difference with Lehtera out there instead of Weal?
Reminds me of the outrage over playing VdV, so where are Luby, Cousins, et al these days?

Weal has been a disappointment, hopefully it's due to dings, but while few expected him to play the way he finished last year, you'd hope he could exceed the VdV line. If you're not physical or a great defensive player, you have to score: 1-6 7 in 30 games doesn't cut it.
Same issue with Leier, although he's a good "stick" forechecker, he's not a physical presence at either end so 1-3 4 in 29 games doesn't cut it.

People trash Filppula, but 36g 5-7 12 at ES is decent for a 3C, if only we had a 2C!

Same on defense, Sanheim 33g 1-4 5 doesn't cut it for an offensive defenseman.
Possession stats are nice, but they don't give you points for Corsi stats. You actually have to score goals.

Depth is the issue, and has been for five years, this will soon change, but until it does, nothing else will make much of a difference.
It really seems to me that you don't think that doing many little things badly doesn't effect the outcome of a game or a season? Last season people were upset for playing VdV for 81 games because there were better options, maybe not by a lot, but better. As you might know he is now playing in FEL and he is not doing too well here either. (1 assist in 5 games). Well Cousins for example is still playing NHL.

People trash Filppula becouse our coach is playing him MORE than any other forward 5v5. (obviously not every game) I would be totally fine him playing those 3rd line minutes even tho he has been disappointment this season.

You are acknowledging that we are not winning anything this season and we all know that and that is why I and many of us want young guys to play and develop. Even if playing Lehterä, Manning, Filppula more than Sanheim, TK and Patrick makes us win more games this season (IMO does not) is that good for the future? Let the rookies play, if the f*** up, so what? We're not winning anything this season anyways. Maybe rookies will learn from their mistakes and won't do them next season. Lehterä or Manning won't, they are what they are, placeholders for younger players. The problem is that we already have those younger players.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Cousins is playing in Arizona the way VdV did for us, 28 games 4-1 5, 46.5% Corsi, E +/- -2.0
Except Cousins doesn't play on the Power kill.
So twiddle de, twiddle dum.

We're starting 4 guys 21 or young, plus Leier (23), Laughton (23), Hagg (22), Ghost (24).
That's not a youth movement?
Lehtera is the 13th forward, Manning the 7th defenseman.
When Hextall decides to bring up Lindblom, MK, NAK and Morin, you'll need the witness protection program to find them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They do when two of the top 6 are injured/suspended and 2 more are rookies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
ChiefEmbarrassedGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, they definitely don't.

If he was the #7 he would have the lowest TOI in every game he plays. That's never the case.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, because the majority of team is spent 5x5, if you can't score 5x5, you don't deserve to get the "easy points."
Guess Simmonds and Giroux shouldn’t have been on the PP last year when they were scoring like 4th liners.

Reactions: Magua

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
At least Berube sweat and bled for this franchise at one point.

We plucked Hakstol out of his green lair in UND and he hasnt served this franchise well in any single capacity in over 3 years.

What you did as a player is totally irrelevant when it comes to a GM or coach position. Was Belichek a grest patriot? Popivich a great Spur? Being a great coach is all that matters. The Flyers organization needs too see that.

I would actually love to see a list of great coaches that had long careers as players with The same organization. I bet it's very er short.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad