Post-Game Talk: #35 | FLYERS 2 at Sabres 4 | Fri., Dec. 22, 2017, 7:00 pm ET

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Worst in the league.

Worst in team history.

Embarrassing. No such thing as a trap game when you are bubble team. No excuses to lose. Honestly, I fully expected us to lose this game and win against cbus because flyers. I’m sure a lot of us felt that way.

Well unfortunately unless something gives this is how Hextall wants his team to play (style not results of course). Low event try to win by not losing style. In league where people are trying to find different ways to create offense the Flyers are far more concerned with preventing scoring.

It’s painful and results in boring games that gives you a 50/50 shot to win every night. That’s ok if it’s Tampa, but not so much against buffalo. A team with our players should score a lot on a team like buffalo. Hextall better take notice. This city has great football and basketball players. They need to get thier asses in gear soon to grab a market share because wentz and the like thankfully aren’t going anywhere. Enough losing seasons in a row and you will have people not care. I know it’s a Friday before Xmas but even the GDT here are light. Enough is enough. Hakstol needs to go. Play TK and Patrick in the top 6 and let sanhiem have as many minutes as he deserves.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
This was one of Patrick's best games. Konecny him and Sanheim were 3 of the best players tonight imo. Still shocked at how poor Nolan's shot has been. Those highlight reel videos from juniors showed a number of snipe level shots that we just haven't seen at all. His skating was much better today and his confidence with the puck was better (still not too confident imo but getting better)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I’d be surprised. Dave’s going to be even more desparate to get a win tomorrow after tonight. He already played Elliott back to back in this current stretch & they’re about to hit Christmas break.

So no matter what Hakstol does he will be blamed for it. Put in the tired goalie or play the kid with zero NHL games against one of the better teans in the league in their barn.
I am going to blame Nuevy for being Mr. Glass.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So no matter what Hakstol does he will be blamed for it. Put in the tired goalie or play the kid with zero NHL games against one of the better teans in the league in their barn.
I am going to blame Nuevy for being Mr. Glass.

Give it a rest. I already told ya I don’t care. I was just pointing out what’s likely to happen.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I was listening to Gord and Ray the other night and they were talking about how they go visit different NHL teams and talk to the coaches and they all say you can’t score in this league unless your D are involved in the play. Our D are anchored to the blueline. Never get involved in the cycle down low. Rarely pinch for 50/50 pucks. The only thing they get involved in are low percentage points shots and occasionally Provorov or Sanheim will get a puck as a trailer if Giroux or Voracek are on the wings.

Blindness is a terrible thing. Do you have a box office address for contributions?
Because the game i watched had Sanheim blow numerous scoring chances deep in the O-zone.
And Provorov hasn't exactly been shy lately with regards to going deep in the O-zone.
Or do you miss Manning? :sarcasm:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This was one of Patrick's best games. Konecny him and Sanheim were 3 of the best players tonight imo. Still shocked at how poor Nolan's shot has been. Those highlight reel videos from juniors showed a number of snipe level shots that we just haven't seen at all. His skating was much better today and his confidence with the puck was better (still not too confident imo but getting better)

Well, that's a pretty low standard.
Actually, Patrick looked better skating, fingers crossed he's finally coming around.
Sanheim has to start burying those opportunities, looking good stops being good enough after a while.

Check the minutes I think the favorites aren't favorites anymore.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Marty-McFly-Confused-In-Back-To-The-Future-Gif.gif

Still trying to figure out the "system" (©Estate of Frederick Shero) the Flyers are trying to play.

WWI style trench warfare?

Three yards and a cloud of dust?

Just keep it close at the end and pray for a point?

Tonight, and many times this season, this team looked like an orchestra with some very good musicians, but a bad conductor.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Cliff notes from someone who isn't completely optimistic or completely pessimistic or trying to win worlds longest post 2017.

Please and thank you.
I missed most of the first period, but basically it was a horribly sloppy game where Elliott was nuts for most of the time... until giving up a horribly weak goal that was scored from the goal line.

Then the Sabres scored on the PP, the Flyers scored on the PP, the Sabres got an empty net goal, the Flyers got a goal with the goalie pulled (Ghost from Giroux), and the Sabres got another empty net goal to end it.

Overall, baaaaaad. But the young guys (Patrick, Konecny, Sanheim) looked good, so that's nice.

And here's the highlights if you're interested.

Reactions: SnS

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
Lyon get thrown to the wolves tomorrow?
I know your probably not serious but if they were going to play Lyon it should of been last night. Over the past year the flyers have played plenty of goalies getting their first start and the kid plays like Patrick Roy. If you can't trust Lyon for one start against the Sabres then he shouldn't be on the bench.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I guarantee Sanheim gets a cozy press box after Xmas.
I only saw the last half of the 3rd, but there was a rush when Sanheim broke to go up ice with the forwards. He could have caught them and made it an odd man rush but you could see him thinking, oh no, I better hold back. They need to unleash him. His puck sense and speed can make him a factor joining/leading the rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad