GDT: #35| Blues @ Oilers | Dec. 19 | 7:00 PM | SN-1| GENE PRINCIPE EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If you don't start Talbot tonight then you're not starting him until after the Christmas break. It's good to share the workload and keep both of the goalies active.
2nq64ok.jpg
The workload has been shared and as you can tell... probably too much.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hitch said he doesn't like either goalie going more than 8 or 9 days without a start. I'd imagine we see Koskinen against Tampa.

He's also said you need 25 games from your second goalie. Simple math suggests to get them 25 games, they need to play every third or fourth game. He's doing exactly as he's said he'd do. I'd like to have Kosko in net tonight, but understand the move especially with Tampa being the only game in the next 8 days.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
He's also said you need 25 games from your second goalie. Simple math suggests to get them 25 games, they need to play every third or fourth game. He's doing exactly as he's said he'd do. I'd like to have Kosko in net tonight, but understand the move especially with Tampa being the only game in the next 8 days.
He has already started 19 games including tonight... lol

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
It makes sense...got to give him games, and hes not as bad as HFoil thinks. Hitch has said himself that goalies need consistency. Im sick of people complaining every single time they start Talbot.
You know what I'm sick of? Throwing away games against shit teams because we don't ice our strongest line up. When Talbot looks shaky and lets in 2 goals in under 7 minutes in the first atleast people like you are happy.

Reactions: frag2

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I really hope Talbs plays well or else it will be UGLY in here tonight. I like Talbot and hope he can start stringing together some good starts.

Last edited:

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
You know what I'm sick of? Throwing away games against **** teams because we don't ice our strongest line up. When Talbot looks shaky and lets in 2 goals in under 7 minutes in the first atleast people like you are happy.
I agree. Koskinen has less GP and is by far the better goalie. Oilers hurting on D right now. Why put them at a disadvantage coming off a loss?..

Reactions: McClelland

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
A win would be a great birthday present! Unfortunately I'm flying back out to Toronto tonight so I'll miss most of this one.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
You dont bag skate a team that is as tired as the Oilers are right now....thats a sure way to lose.

Yeeah if you know they were tired and not lazy and cared less! Are they bad trained, thought it was the Nucks who played BtB!
Anyway, i want to see a good to great effort tonight, we cant afford to give away points to lotteryteams on weekly basis if we want to play hockey in April!

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Nah, I don't agree with starting Talbot either of the next two games. We need to keep up the grind and get points with our dman injuries. Koskinen gives us the best chance to win.

Hitchcock can go back to a 3-1 rotation after the Christmas break. 3 Kostko 1 Talbot.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
He has already started 19 games including tonight... lol

Obviously Hitch doesn't give a damn what Talbot played before, he cares going forward.

25 games over an 82 game season is 1 game out of every 3.28 games. The season is about 185 days long so 25 games is about 1 game every 7.4 days.

So far Cam has started 4 of Hitchocks 14 games over 28 days which is one out of every 3.5 games or every 7 days. With there being only one game in the next 8 days, he's making this one Cam's. Assuming his next game isn't until the 29th, that would have Cam playing 1 out of every 3.4 games or 1 game every 7.8 days.

This is exactly how Hitchcock manages goalies and all his communication has suggested that this is exactly what'd he do. Over that timeframe Cam's improved his GAA and Pct. significantly, and the team's record has also improved. I'll trust his judgement for now even though my gut would prefer Kosko in net.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I'd play Koskinen in the game that you should win and do your best to get the easy points.
Exactly. The game against lighting regardless who is in net is probably going to be the most difficult two points of the season. If talbot fails tonight we could be on a 3 game losing streak heading into Christmas.

Reactions: bone and frag2

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
St Louis is a tire fire, I can see the logic for playing Talbot. He beat them last time. Heres hoping for a solid night !

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
When the Oilers are bad, this is the kind of layup game that they crap the bed on. Please help show us a sign things have changed Hitch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad