GDT: #35| Blues @ Oilers | Dec. 19 | 7:00 PM | SN-1| GENE PRINCIPE EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Will be interesting to see how they come back after that absolute stinker last game. Really can't afford to lose this one when everyone else in the Pacific appears to be invincible.

Aside from the defence the fatigue factor is my only concern for this game. This team needs a break.

Reactions: GameChanger

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Aside from the defence the fatigue factor is my only concern for this game. This team needs a break.

They'll finally have a couple of small breaks after this one, but you're right it's been a very tough stretch of games. Sometimes it's hard to put everything in mentally in a game like this, but they're professional so I hope they'll be alright.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
He wants to try Khaira as a center...and well Pulju has been playing decent...but we need production on the second line.

The second line has been producing.

I see what Hitch is doing tho, that 4th line is going to be great on the forecheck. Pulju and Caggiula are both fiesty and can retrieve pucks, Khaira seems to be able to convert that into offence.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Why dont they play Wideman instead of Garisson. Garisson isnt a NHL defenseman. Who knows if Wideman is at this point.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They'll finally have a couple of small breaks after this one, but you're right it's been a very tough stretch of games. Sometimes it's hard to put everything in mentally in a game like this, but they're professional so I hope they'll be alright.

I hear you...the upcoming break is much needed.
The flip side though is that if they lose this game they have Tampa on Saturday and it could be a 3 game losing streak.
They really need to win this game IMO.
After the last game it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Connor take over this game and deliver the win. :nod:

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I hear you...the upcoming break is much needed.
The flip side though is that if they lose this game they have Tampa on Saturday and it could be a 3 game losing streak.
They really need to win this game IMO.
After the last game it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Connor take over this game and deliver the win. :nod:

I wish they could just have the Tampa game at another time so they'd have a longer time off, but right now you have to appreciate even these two small breaks. A 3 game losing streak would be bad, but right now I'm trusting this team surprisingly much so I think they could actually come back from that especially when they get some defenders back.

I also have that feeling about McD. But yeah, I wouldn't mind a win tonight :)

Reactions: guymez

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Talbot in net makes no sense whatsoever.

They have 3 days off after this game and 4 days off the game after.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Great.... Kosk has one bad game and Talbot gets the nod. Also Garrison and benning makes my butthole pucker. Good luck Oiler fans, we are going to need it.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
It makes sense...got to give him games, and hes not as bad as HFoil thinks. Hitch has said himself that goalies need consistency. Im sick of people complaining every single time they start Talbot.

I don't mind him starting in back-to-backs.

Koskinen is just a superior goaltender right now, they need to ride with him, especially considering they only play 2 games in the next 7/8 days.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
It makes sense...got to give him games, and hes not as bad as HFoil thinks. Hitch has said himself that goalies need consistency. Im sick of people complaining every single time they start Talbot.
Probably because he’s literally at the bottom of the league in stats. Talbot is consistent... at below average goaltending. Kosk is the starter right now and he should be played like it.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Probably because he’s literally at the bottom of the league in stats. Talbot is consistent... at below average goaltending. Kosk is the starter right now and he should be played like it.
Oilers fans have a skewed view on how a starter should be played. We consistently have run our starters into the ground by over playing them. Talbot should be started in back to backs and games against poor opponents...the latter is tonight.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
More pre game gdt jinx bs.

Way to go.
ZomboMeme 18122018122818.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events