Post-Game Talk: #33: Predators 1 at FLYERS 2, Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
April 11, 2018

listen

In camp, Carter Hart is going to be lights out, and everyone and their mom will notice he's the best goalie they've ever seen wearing Orange and Black.

Then he gets sent to LHV. The Flyers limp along with Elliott and Neuvy. Neuvy is hurt by Game 1 so they call up Lyon. Hakstol has Elliott on pace to play 60 games so he breaks down in late November.

Meanwhile, Hart has a .929 save % in the AHL, and someone around the team, maybe a player or a media member or a beer concession guy goes, "Hey remember that kid who was the team's best goalie since Bernie Parent? Why not play him?"

Hextall ignores this and just brings up Stolarz and trades for Michael Leighton and signs Scott Foster. Finally, after 14 goalies are hurt and/or sporting .880 save %, they bring up Hart and our long nightmare will be over.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Okay, actual analysis time. I think Carter Hart is already a Hall of Fame lock. Sanheim on the top pair is still legit, and who'd have guessed he could be a plus PKer?! Not me! :sarcasm:

But that was a disgusting battling effort in a good way. Loved how much the players wanted it and I also wanted it badly any way they could do it, but any Phantoms fan recognizes when Gordon's teams suddenly cannot make a single exit/entry pass and get caved to kingdom come. That was it. Doubt it will be the last time either, important as that singular win was. It's more a shell of incompetence than planning. There's a reason he's not an NHL coach, and facing off against one of the best, you could feel that fact. Hakstol still gargles fish testicles. Ryan Johansen can gargle with him.

Last edited:

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
Never forget feeling boys. Never ****ing forget.

source.gif

I don't want to feel boys.

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
PP needs some work, but at least the get some time in the offensive zone
PK resembles something not terrible
didn't Hakshell or Gordome
didn't get down on themselves

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad