GDT: #33 – Sabres at Islanders – Fri Dec 23, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Do they have drive-in spaces in their arena or what's that truck doing there in the corner?

Goal against. Yikes.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Like...hey dumb dan...member all those games we were winning or getting points in? How was your top d pair? Do that.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
we looked better when everyone was injured
And a few of us said we would get worse when healthy. This team is much better with Fedun and Guhle in the line-up because they can make a pass... which is kind of what Bylsma's system revolves around.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
And a few of us said we would get worse when healthy. This team is much better with Fedun and Guhle in the line-up because they can make a pass... which is kind of what Bylsma's system revolves around.

Guhle Murray couldn't do anything to keep him here, but he could have kept Fedun and sat Gorges, I'd rather play Franson than Gorges.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Remember last year when they went like 10 straight games without scoring a goal in the 1st. Seems to be a common them.
Remember last year when we had a historically bad 5v5 team for the first 60 games of the season and everyone said it would resolve itself?

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Sometimes I wonder what a first period goal feels like..

Offensive zone face off with a minute left, better get Grant / Moulson out there..

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I really liked Reinhart's game that period. I didn't really like anybody else's.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Guhle Murray couldn't do anything to keep him here, but he could have kept Fedun and sat Gorges, I'd rather play Franson than Gorges.
I'm well aware Guhle couldn't stay up. Just illustrating that Bylsma's system is terrible for the players we have in place. Seregei Gonchar may be the only human being on the planet that thinks Bylsma's system makes sense.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Honest question: In how many games have we outplayed the opposition this year and won? I can think of:

- 4-3 NYR
- 6-2 Edmonton
- 4-3 LA

That's honestly it. If you add in games that we lost that we deserved to win, I'd throw in

- 2-1 loss to Toronto
- OT loss to the Capitals

Leaving the other 25 games...

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Honest question: In how many games have we outplayed the opposition this year and won? I can think of:

- 4-3 NYR
- 6-2 Edmonton
- 4-3 LA

That's honestly it. If you add in games that we lost that we deserved to win, I'd throw in

- 2-1 loss to Toronto

We win off of individual heroics but we lose as a team

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

- 4-3 NYR
- 6-2 Edmonton
- 4-3 LA

- 2-1 loss to Toronto

They didn't even outplay Edmonton. Edmonton had just tied the game after their goaltender let in 2 terrible goals only for him to let in another from center ice. Edmonton was the better team for most of the first 30 minutes of that game and if Talbot doesn't let that center ice shot in I really believe Edmonton wins that game by 4 or 5 goals as they were flying past the Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad