GDT: #33 – Sabres at Islanders – Fri Dec 23, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Can Buffalo score more than a goal today? Or perhaps look like they're trying for more than 1 period?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
We may be better off getting humiliated today.

The last game before the holidays can greatly influence GMTM's opinion of how DB is handling this team.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Like we have not been humiliated enough? I am getting to the stage where playing Sorry with my grandchildren is more titillating than Sabres games. Talking to my Leaf fan inlaws at Christmas dinner will be the topper for me.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Bylsma isn't going anywhere this year. The Sooner it's accepted the better. Since Murray has been GM several rumors have been leaked that never occurred with Darcy at the helm. So what I'm saying there would be rumblings if Bylsma on the hot seat. There hasn't been a word about his job security.

4-1 Isles.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
There WERE rumblings that Bylsma is on the hot seat...

Friedman reported it in 30 thoughts a couple weeks ago or so.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I may catch some of the game, but I doubt I will watch the whole thing unless we get off to a really good start. It's just not worth it to spend my time watching a team play an extremely boring, frustrating brand of hockey only to lose in the end.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Im wondering why people think Bylsma gets the entire year? They didn't sign Okposo and trade for Kulikov to watch the playoffs on their couch.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Im wondering why people think Bylsma gets the entire year? They didn't sign Okposo and trade for Kulikov to watch the playoffs on their couch.
Because at this point you're likely replacing him from within which means the same system will remain intact. The team may get a small boost and win a few games in a row but ultimately it will be the same terrible ES and PK team that relies on getting PP games to squeak into OT to pick up points.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Gotta keep 15 and 90 apart so we can keep the lineup balanced since it's working so well.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
haha Bylsma cant help himself. They were good together last game for those few shifts, but I'd prefer he just sprinkles Kane in there to see if it works again vs starting with it.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
feel like i'm at the breaking point for caring what happens until something fairly big goes down.

some Eichel dominance would help pick up the spirits. really don't care what most of the others do, most need to be cleared out of here.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
haha Bylsma cant help himself. They were good together last game for those few shifts, but I'd prefer he just sprinkles Kane in there to see if it works again vs starting with it.

All he had to do was put Girgensons with Eichel.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Gotta keep 15 and 90 apart so we can keep the lineup balanced since it's working so well.

I know. I don't get this.

Eichel - ROR - Okposo
Kane - Reinhart - Foligno

Bylsma keeps trying the same stuff expecting a different result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad