GDT: #32 - 12/14/19 | RANGERS @ ducks | 4:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
this team is terrible. we're pacing better because our combined goaltending efforts have won us 4-5 games singlehandedly this season. You can put Prime Henrik and Prime Georgiev in net right now from the start of the season and we're still not a playoff team.
Except they would have 2 points today if Hank didnt shit the bed. So maybe the goaltending cost them a point which could be the difference between making it and not making it

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Go have a drink. They blew this game but just got 5 of 8 points on a tough western road trip. It's really not that bad but then again you always see it that way. This team is right on track to being a real force in this league in a few years.
It's not a tough western road trip lol

Every team in California is hot trash and Vegas has been mediocre all year

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
At this point, someone needs to have a talk with Hank and explain to him "You are now the backup goalie". Period. End of discussion. Hank plays the 2nd game of back-to-back games and/or fills in for Georgiev when he's sick. Not saying Hank has to carry Georgiev's bags to the rink everyday or anything like that, but this nonsense of Hank coming in when the team is on a roll with Georgiev needs to stop. The bottom line is we are not winning games with Hank, and we are with Georgiev.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hope they move Skjei and Kreider before deadline for whatever they can get.
I would hold on to Skjei. Our LD depth looks good at first glance, but there are still a lot of question marks, like Miller and Robertson. Lindgren is good, but he’s not quite at that level yet. Rykov and Hajek are mysteries to me. I have more faith in Rykov, but I don’t see him as anything more than a solid bottom pairing defenseman. Skjei’s value is pretty decent right now, but he’s also been playing very well with Trouba for the most part. I like what I see with him.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It's not a tough western road trip lol

Every team in California is hot trash and Vegas has been mediocre all year

It's not just the teams you are playing but the time change and travel as well. A lot of teams do not play well on this trip even though the western teams aren't that good. The Piles just recently lost 3 of 4 when they went out there. I consider 5 of 8 actually pretty good even though they should have had 2 points today.

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
It's not just the teams you are playing but the time change and travel as well. A lot of teams do not play well on this trip even though the western teams aren't that good. The Piles just recently lost 3 of 4 when they went out there. I consider 5 of 8 actually pretty good even though they should have had 2 points today.

The Piles can afford to lose 3 out of 4 to trash teams. We can't. Losing tonight turned what would have been a good trip into a disappointing one.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Except they would have 2 points today if Hank didnt **** the bed. So maybe the goaltending cost them a point which could be the difference between making it and not making it

hank didn't shit the bed.

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
I agree on Kreider though, Gorton should be working the phones to move him sooner rather than later

Just rip the band aid off and get it over with

He's a disgrace. Does nothing now but float around. I never liked him to be honest, he shows up whenever he feels like it. Dude has always been lazy and uninspiring.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Piles can afford to lose 3 out of 4 to trash teams. We can't. Losing tonight turned what would have been a good trip into a disappointing one.

I agree. This was a tough one to lose and they should have had 2 but it is what it is. It was still a decent trip though. This team is not making playoffs anyway so looking at the big picture it's no big deal.

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
I agree. This was a tough one to lose and they should have had 2 but it is what it is. It was still a decent trip though. This team is not making playoffs anyway so looking at the big picture it's no big deal.

You're right, I should calm down lol. I forget sometimes this team is not actually a cup contender so it's nothing to really get bent out of shape over.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You're right, I should calm down lol. I forget sometimes this team is not actually a cup contender so it's nothing to really get bent out of shape over.

The way I look at it is a young team such as the Rangers are going to take their lumps while they are growing up and learning to play in this league. I never expected this team to be a playoff team and I still see them as being in a rebuild. I just want to see them them compete hard every night even though they will make mistakes. I do believe they will be a force in this league in as little as 2 years.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
He kinda did. I don't know what was up with him on that 3rd goal. He had a clear look at it and a good angle. Just a bad goal at the worst time. The 2nd goal I have no idea what he was doing. Looked like he had dementia out there, wandering around like a lost old man.
Howden stuck his stick blade out at the point of release

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I had to step out and missed the penalty call late in the 3rd against the rangers. Was it the usual "the home team is losing so lets gift them a PP to see if they can tie it" penalty or was it legit?

Reactions: egelband

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I had to step out and missed the penalty call late in the 3rd against the rangers. Was it the usual "the home team is losing so lets gift them a PP to see if they can tie it" penalty or was it legit?

it was a step on the stick type affair
unlucky - the away team announcers declared “there wasn’t much there”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad