GDT: #32 - 12/14/19 | RANGERS @ ducks | 4:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
3 for ****ing 6. Stop it. He **** his pants once Gibson went down with a circus move. **** his pants. 6 ****ing attempts. Go with your offensive talent
My point is you implied ADA couldn't ice a shootout. And he definitively has.
And 11th in the league in dmen scoring, who primary assisted Mika's goal just earlier in the game. Not an offensive talent?

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
We have a 2 season sample of Hank being terrible on the penalty kill, saving just 83% of shots. That's probably worst in the league numbers or bottom 3.

Georgiev has been saving 91% of shots on the penalty kill in the same time frame which is one of the best in the league.

Every shot on the penalty kill has nearly double the chance of going in when Hank is in net compared to when Georgiev is in net. Think about that.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
We have a 2 season sample of Hank being terrible on the penalty kill, saving just 83% of shots. That's probably worst in the league numbers or bottom 3.

Georgiev has been saving 91% of shots on the penalty kill in the same time frame which is one of the best in the league.

Every shot on the penalty kill has nearly double the chance of going in when Hank is in net compared to when Georgiev is in net. Think about that.
All shots are created equal? Must be a nice vacuum you live in....is it a dirt devil?

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
I don't think Hank is done. He is still an NHL goalie. There is no place for him on the youngest team in the league. Especially when we have two, young, NHL ready goalies ready to go. Georgiev should be getting more starts, Shesty should not be in the minors. Simple as that.

If you care about the future, you want these guys playing and growing and maturing and gaining experience.

What is the sense of Lundqvist playing here?

Probably the most common sense anti and non anti hank post I’ve read.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Henrik isn’t what he used to be but not much to be done about it

Just sit back and enjoy the memories

see but that’s not true. You can absolutely start swaying the starts heavily in Georgiev’s favor. Eli Manning sat on the bench for 10 weeks. Hank can go to a 30% start ratio.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
see but that’s not true. You can absolutely start swaying the starts heavily in Georgiev’s favor. Eli Manning sat on the bench for 10 weeks. Hank can go to a 30% start ratio.
Yes, should clarify.

I mean Hank isn’t going anywhere for the next two years. His workload is going to decrease obviously

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Panarin and the goaltending has people seeing mirages

This team isn’t close to seriously competing
That's an understatement. This is shaping up to be one of the worst teams since the lockout and Panarin, bless his heart, is blinding everyone.

For me, Quinn has run out of time already. I'm not expecting winning hockey but I also wasn't expecting massive regression.

Reactions: Oscar Lindberg

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Was just about to watch the game, but accidentally seen the score. So not going to bother now.

Anybody able to give me the goods and the bads of it?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don't think Hank is done. He is still an NHL goalie. There is no place for him on the youngest team in the league. Especially when we have two, young, NHL ready goalies ready to go. Georgiev should be getting more starts, Shesty should not be in the minors. Simple as that.

If you care about the future, you want these guys playing and growing and maturing and gaining experience.

What is the sense of Lundqvist playing here?
I think he may retire after this season if we make the playoffs

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
This game was classic Hank. Makes some really nice saves throughout the game, then lets in 1 or 2 stinkers that end up costing the team the win. I hate to say it, but this is why he doesn't have a cup. 2015 comes to mind, Game 7 against the Lightning. Plays really well then lets in that horrific dribbler which ended our season and best chance at a cup since maybe 1994. This is why I will always rank Richter ahead of Hank in Rangers goalie lore. Richter was insanely clutch in that 1994 run. Not trying to bash Hank here, he's had a great career, but it's time for him to go.

Reactions: THE JAM

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
There were people that were saying he wasn’t having as good of a game

yes but because we lose due to a horrific team effort and Staal seizuring on the ice all game, Henrik gets crucified. I think the over commitment is something he can fix with Benny.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
This game was classic Hank. Makes some really nice saves throughout the game, then lets in 1 or 2 stinkers that end up costing the team the win. I hate to say it, but this is why he doesn't have a cup. 2015 comes to mind, Game 7 against the Lightning. Plays really well then lets in that horrific dribbler which ended our season and best chance at a cup since maybe 1994. This is why I will always rank Richter ahead of Hank in Rangers goalie lore. Richter was insanely clutch in that 1994 run. Not trying to bash Hank here, he's had a great career, but it's time for him to go.

youy mean the game where he gives up 1 goal and we score 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad