Post-Game Talk: #32 - 03/25/21 | Rangers vs. Flyers | 7:00 PM EST - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The Rangers are now #11 in GF/G and #10 in GA/G. This is a team jumps out at you as a team deserving a better fate than it has in the standings. They're a playoff team in terms of their play, not their point total. Sucks.
Unfortunately a lot of one goal games they lost. Hopefully as they grow together those are the kind of games they win

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
for all the slop this game was visually we were actually quite solid at ES despite having an insurmountable lead basically 65% of the game.

Carter Hart suckssssssss and honestly watching him get his asshole blown out after all the "Hart v.s. Shesterkin" polls makes me giddy

Samuel Morin big mad that he was born looking like an aborted fetus. plays hockey like one too.

I've run out of superlatives for Adam Fox. give him the f***ing norris and call me later.

Two natural hat tricks in two weeks against the same team is truly a sight to behold lol. you can't even make that up. Zibanejad's gonna finish a PPG player after having like 10 points in his first 25 games.

powerplay was wayy better today. lots of rotation and making the flyers work for it, particularly on Mika's 3rd goal

this was epic but honestly these games get kinda boring lol, not complaining though!

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
In regard to Strome, he always had the tools. This is clearly the best situation he has been in, and they all look like they're having fun out there. The chemistry he has with Panarin I don't think can just be "replicated" with somebody else. Their skillsets and games mesh well together IMO.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
for all the slop this game was visually we were actually quite solid at ES despite having an insurmountable lead basically 65% of the game.

Carter Hart suckssssssss and honestly watching him get his asshole blown out after all the "Hart v.s. Shesterkin" polls makes me giddy

Samuel Morin big mad that he was born looking like an aborted fetus. plays hockey like one too.

I've run out of superlatives for Adam Fox. give him the f***ing norris and call me later.

Two natural hat tricks in two weeks against the same team is truly a sight to behold lol. you can't even make that up. Zibanejad's gonna finish a PPG player after having like 10 points in his first 25 games.

powerplay was wayy better today. lots of rotation and making the flyers work for it, particularly on Mika's 3rd goal

this was epic but honestly these games get kinda boring lol, not complaining though!

You prefer games where you're hoping you don't give up a goal that goes off a defenseman's ass to tie it?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
If this is who Ryan Strome is; a 60-to-70-ish point player while playing not-terrible-but-otherwise-unremarkable hockey aside from what is on the score sheet... is that good enough for our long-term #2C?

Would it be better to have Eichel, or if Chytil turns into a 80-point monster? of course. But, can we win with Strome? Is upgrading Strome now just a luxury and not a necessity?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Goat just too inconsistent. It sucks but it’s the truth. Krav going to take that spot from him fast. And I think Krav and Laf will mesh well.
I hope Goat doesn’t fall out of the lineup again. I would sit Blackwell for Gauthier. Blackwell has been good for sure but he’s a finished product at this point. And not likely the difference between winning and losing. Try to develop Gauthier, please.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If this is who Ryan Strome is; a 60-to-70-ish point player while playing not-terrible-but-otherwise-unremarkable hockey aside from what is on the score sheet... is that good enough for our long-term #2C?

Would it be better to have Eichel, or if Chytil turns into a 80-point monster? of course. But, can we win with Strome? Is upgrading Strome now just a luxury and not a necessity?
Good question. I was sure Strome is not a championship level 2C. But I’m starting to change my mind. Similar feeling with Buchnevich.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
How can they not be aware of that stuff when they score 18 goals on the Flyers in a week as soon as Quinn is out?

They addressed it though; Fox, Zibanejad, and Knoblauch all said more/less that they’ve been working hard this season and the puck just wasn’t going in until now.

Joe also said [paraphrased] “the Power Play is better because Zibanejad is scoring”.
And it does stand to reason. It was just so painful for so long.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008

A good question. I think right now you hold. There is great chemistry at this moment. Granted, after 9-0 and 8-3 wins, it’s easy to get complacent. Is this their first 3 game win streak? Even in their recent 1-goal loss (though they need to figure out Pittsburgh) against Washington, they looked good.
The Rangers have had to persevere A LOT this season: COVID protocols, losses of Igor, Panarin, and the drama of Tony D. It’s impressive they’re battling for a playoff spot.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
One would think we go right back to Igor Saturday right? Or against Washington sunday?
I feel the Flyers game is more important. Especially since they will have a few days to practice.
I would go right back on Saturday. Sunday? Don’t know considering he’s coming off an injury. Would you start Georgiev over Kinkaid?

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Good question. I was sure Strome is not a championship level 2C. But I’m starting to change my mind. Similar feeling with Buchnevich.

Another way of asking the question: Is Replacing a 65-point Strome with a 85-point Eichel worth 3 or 4 A-level assets? How much else, aside from the 20 extra points, does Eichel bring to make it worth it?

Is Strome+20 worth Kravtsov+Schneider+Jones+1st?

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I feel the Flyers game is more important. Especially since they will have a few days to practice.
I would go right back on Saturday. Sunday? Don’t know considering he’s coming off an injury. Would you start Georgiev over Kinkaid?
I guess it's a coin toss for saturday for Kinkaid or Shesty. Then Sunday to whoever doesn't start saturday

Reactions: Rangerfans

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It's a relevant point that neither Strome nor Buchnevich have had much opportunity to show NYR what kind of postseason player they are.

Yet another reason to try to make the playoffs this season and next, to get some perspective.

I honestly think one of the (several) humps that hindered us from winning a cup in our last window was Rick Nash absolutely disappearing in the playoffs.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I gotta tell you I’m so impressed by this version of Ryan Strome. Sticking his nose in the middle of things. Becoming a man. Cut out the stupid penalties focused on being a leader and a better 200 ft player. And the points have come regardless of who he’s playing with. We need to take this guy seriously because he’s figured it out. Looks like a top 5 overall pick right now

Agreed. Second biggest surprise this season in my opinion (the biggest = Lafreniere's struggles). I thought Strome would be OK playing with Panarin as a stop gap, but he's looking more and more like a cog, not a stop gap, for all the reasons you've listed here. Thoroughly impressed.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I guess it's a coin toss for saturday for Kinkaid or Shesty. Then Sunday to whoever doesn't start saturday
I heard they are coming up against waiver requirement for Kincaid so they probably won’t be moving him back into the lineup unless there’s an injury. I may be wrong but that’s my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad