GDT: #30 | New York Islanders @ LA Kings | December 7th | 10:30pm | F/L 3-0

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Wait... What did butch say? They should all go get drunk?? LOL

I think anyone who still thinks the trade for Thomas Vanish should go do shots at 1:25 here on the east

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
This will never happen, but a part of me wants it to so I can say screw this team, buy his jersey for whatever team he ends up on, and become a fan of them and forget I ever was dumb enough to stick with a team for this long that doesn't have winning as a top priority.

Yeah. If he ever goes out of disgust it will be lights out for this franchise. Despicable owner starving the roster and Garf the ever willing assistant.

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
This team is brutal, Sam Reinhart please! Might at well call up strome at this point because this team is awful and he would at least help

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Just got back from the game. 15 shots on goal sums it up. Here's some observations:
- Brock Nelson belongs and Cappy should be fired if he sits him again this year!!! It's not like there's a better option.
- DeHaan seems to be comfortable. I was concerned that he would have trouble adjusting, especially since he hasn't exactly impressed anyone at Bridgeport.
- I still think the Islanders got the better trade in the Vanek-Moulson deal, but...Vanek has absolutely no chemistry with Tavares. They're both finesse, playmakers and they play the same game, so they don't really compliment each other. I think Cappy should move Vanek to the 2nd line and put Brock Nelson or Josh Bailey on the first line.
- Speaking of Bailey, I think he and Grabner are the biggest reason for the Islanders collapse this year. The fact that Grabner hasn't scored since the first game of the season is alarming. I don't even notice Bailey when he's out on the ice. Maybe playing Vanek alongside Bailey or Grabner will help their game and his. If that doesn't work, there's always the trade deadline!!!

At this point, the season is lost. The Islanders should bring up some kids from the Bridge and start experimenting with different lines. Of course, firing Cappy wouldn't be such a bad idea either!!!

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
So it's basically come down to this situation:

At the trade deadline, the Isles will be out of the playoffs again and we will trade away Visnovsky and Vanek, and hopefully MacDonald could get us a decent return since he is seen as our "number 1 guy based on his TOI" so we could maybe fool another GM into paying something decent for him

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
The good news is school teacher, government workers and police workers all make more then they need to survive on so season ticket holders will buy for the last islanders season on long island before the loser Wang moves them to Brooklyn to make it easier for devil ranger Philly Boston fans to get to games.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Just got back from the game. 15 shots on goal sums it up. Here's some observations:
- Brock Nelson belongs and Cappy should be fired if he sits him again this year!!! It's not like there's a better option.
- DeHaan seems to be comfortable. I was concerned that he would have trouble adjusting, especially since he hasn't exactly impressed anyone at Bridgeport.
- I still think the Islanders got the better trade in the Vanek-Moulson deal, but...Vanek has absolutely no chemistry with Tavares. They're both finesse, playmakers and they play the same game, so they don't really compliment each other. I think Cappy should move Vanek to the 2nd line and put Brock Nelson or Josh Bailey on the first line.
- Speaking of Bailey, I think he and Grabner are the biggest reason for the Islanders collapse this year. The fact that Grabner hasn't scored since the first game of the season is alarming. I don't even notice Bailey when he's out on the ice. Maybe playing Vanek alongside Bailey or Grabner will help their game and his. If that doesn't work, there's always the trade deadline!!!

At this point, the season is lost. The Islanders should bring up some kids from the Bridge and start experimenting with different lines. Of course, firing Cappy wouldn't be such a bad idea either!!!

LA thanks for the recap. I did not watch the game, so I appreciate the report.

I have given up on a playoff spot this yr and hope Snow is not that far out of his mind to think he is just a goalie away.

At this point, I am looking for the small side stories....how the rookies De Haan/Nelson/Nilsson are doing, what happens with Vanek and what happens with the coaching staff.

And it amazes me that Grabner is in this type of goal scoring slump.

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The team ha quit on the coach, he doesnt have a clue what to do. None of the players are having any fun as you can see on their faces. Second thing i wanted to mention is that pretty much everyone here agrees that the islanders will have to go on a tare to make playoffs but under this coachin staff that isnt going to happen. Strome and who ever is on an entry level deal will not be called up and waste a year on this lost season. So everyone here might as well stop saying brind up strome. Yes would be nice to get him some ice time and exposure what tey wont waste that first year now.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Is it possible we can waive Cappy and send him to Bridgeport? :sarcasm:

Imagine if Cappy was in Bridgeport? Sim,Johnson, and Wiles on the 1st line. Healthy scratches would be Strome,Lee, and Halmo.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cappy interview on sitting the 3. "They are just scoring way too much and we need to sit them to play our "veterans" "

kuwo

Jun 2, 2010
SVK
The team ha quit on the coach, he doesnt have a clue what to do. None of the players are having any fun as you can see on their faces. Second thing i wanted to mention is that pretty much everyone here agrees that the islanders will have to go on a tare to make playoffs but under this coachin staff that isnt going to happen. Strome and who ever is on an entry level deal will not be called up and waste a year on this lost season. So everyone here might as well stop saying brind up strome. Yes would be nice to get him some ice time and exposure what tey wont waste that first year now.

Not sure I understand, but a year of Strome's ELC is burned regardless of him playing in AHL or NHL...

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I believe that only applies to junior aged (18-19) players...

This is from the CBA had to look it up.

Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances

kuwo

Jun 2, 2010
SVK
This is from the CBA had to look it up.

Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season
under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry
Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that
this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to
Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December
31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club
expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an
additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,
with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,
games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,
however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all
circumstances

Yes,
but the CBA also says - "In the event that a Player signs his first SPC at age 18 and has his SPC extended and such Player does not play at least ten (10) NHL games in the second season under that SPC, then the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for one (1) additional year."

this should be Strome´s 3rd year under the contract (signed in october 2011 if I remember correctly) - his contract was already extended twice and can not be extended any more...

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Here's a crazy idea for next game. Switch up the ****ing lines!

How about trying Bouchard with Tavares and Vanek. Okposo with Nielsen and Grabner.

What do we have to lose? Except 30 more games in a row.
Yep! Try something different you stupid Capuano!

J. Bailey - J. Tavares - C. Clutterbuck (If Bailey don't get going with Tavares, he never will)
T. Vanek - F. Nielsen - M. Grabner (put the two austrians together, that might help Grabner get going and maybe Vanek too!)
B. Nelson - C. Cizikas - K. Okposo
M. Martin - P. Regin - P.M. Bouchard/C. McDonald (You rotate the last three dependng on the opposition)

There's plenty of changes that can be made : bring back Brock Nelson on a line with Tavares for exemple, a line of Bailey - Tavares - Nelson can be interesting too.

And take out AMac from PP1.

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Woke up this morning and saw we lost 3-0. Its gotten so bad its pathetic. Wang said he regrets buying the team so he doesnt give a rats ass about it so please just sell already and take Snow and Jack Ass with you. I am the point where I am actually embarrassed to be a fan right now. I am supposed to go a game next month and now I dont even wanna go and my tickets were free.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I fell asleep during the 2nd intermission. i taped the rest & I'm watching the 3rd right now. I'm assuming we lost this game. but holy hell the Isles can actually learn a lot from this game. The kings did not sit back & try to protect a 1 goal 3rd period lead. They kept going after the Isles & kept trying to score. The spend the majority of the 3rd period (now 7:18 left) in the offensive zone. it's just amazing what a good system can do. Our guys routinely try to protect a lead in the 3rd & refuse to try to play in the offensive zone.

assuming they lost (and again I'm sure they did) I sure hope it was the coaching staffs last game. they all need to go.

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Ah the good old days of when I was younger and I didnt give a crap that we werent even making the play offs I loved going to the games anyway. Oh how things have changed. That was back in the Ziggy, Fichaud, Salo days.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i'm watching the post game interview now & while Peters questions were carefully chosen by Charles Wang himself, it's just ridiculous how Capuano is still saying how he thought the isles played well. They had like 14 shots on goal all game.

Fire him NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. This is pathetic.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
i'm watching the post game interview now & while Peters questions were carefully chosen by Charles Wang himself, it's just ridiculous how Capuano is still saying how he thought the isles played well. They had like 14 shots on goal all game.

Fire him NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW. This is pathetic.

Is it just me or has Cappys interviews gotten worse. He usually is decently well spoken. Last couple games he seems to be stumbling over words, can find what he wants to say.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad